Reply to
Badger

or is it a morticer chain?

Reply to
Badger
227: spoke wrench
Reply to
rshelton

Is 226 a "black jack" used by plain-clothed police to beat people?

Reply to
AL

224 is a snap link used for joining sections of chain. 226 is a book weight. It's a leather strap with shot sewn into each end, and is laid across the open pages of a big book to hold them flat. It can also be used as a sap, if you're so inclined. 229 looks like a link of a chainsaw chain.

Barb

Reply to
Barbara Bailey

224 A link to connect two pieces of chain. 225 Flaring tool. 226 A policeman's sap. 227 Bicycle spoke wrench. 229 chainsaw blade.
Reply to
Roger Shoaf

224 Repair link for chain

225 Half of a tubing flaring tool

226 Paper weight to hold books open

227 Spoke wrench

229 Chainsaw chain
Reply to
Paul Batozech

224) Chain splicing link

225) Part of tubing flaring tool. (Missing the part which clamps the tubing and engages the notches near the bottom of the inside of the 'U'.

226) ? Is that leather, or patinaed/rusted steel? If the former, perhaps some form of paperweight. If the latter, perhaps some form of measuring spoon with the open side down.

227) ? A wrench or perhaps something like a thread renewer for a valve stem.

228) ? What is the distance between the inside of the angle (opened to 90 degrees) and the spike? perhaps 18 inches? To mark the spacing between studs in house frame construction?

229) Part of a chain-saw blade.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

224. Biker nipple ring. 225. Biker nipple ring installation tool. 226. Hehe. 227. Biker nipple wrench. 228. Engineer's draft ruler and some wood thingy. 229. Prop for sequel to "The Texas Hacksaw Massacre"
Reply to
B.B.

227 = Bicycle spoke wrench

Mark Forkheim

Reply to
Mark Forkheim
228- folding yardstick?
Reply to
rhiannon

Got to try this once, I decided on my answers and then looked at the other answers, but didn't change my view

224 chain link (for repair) 223 flange tool 226 sap 227 spoke wrench 228 can't see the left end but something for angles probably 229 chain saw link

I liked one of the answers for 226 that thought it was to hold a book open. Don't believe it tho.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Glad you were amused.

It is, though. See

Reply to
Barbara Bailey

224: Chain repir link 225: Flaring tool? I think there's a plate with holes, missing 226: Is that one of those weighted leather bookmarks that a lady got arrested for taking onto a plane? Could be used as a sap! 227: Spoke wrench? 228: Yeah, that's a puzzle! Some sort of custom woodworking tool, I would say, for copying an angle or the like... 229: Saw chain?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Bell

Reply to
Forest Duck
224 Removable chain link 225 Part of a flaring tool 227 Spoke wrench 228 Wooden bevel gauge 229 Chain saw blade (1 tooth) >
Reply to
Leo Lichtman
224: link for connecting two lengths of chain.

228: draughtsman's tools, "triangular" ruler with loads of different scales, and some sort of dividers or measuring device.

Reply to
Mike Dworetsky

Correct.

Reply to