R.H.

From Rec.woodworking

#343: Lockout / tagout Used for putting multiple padlocks when locking out something. #344: Fishing reel.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

340 Some type of multi-purpose picture hanger? 343 Electric panel "lockout" device, applied to a panel while working on the circuits so it can't be turned on. 344 Side view of a fishing reel.
Reply to
Norman D. Crow
339. Die for drawing wire

344. Fishing reel

Reply to
Roy Dennis

339: Lathe center

340: A hook, meant to be hung over a wall or door.

341: Some sort of locking fastener

342: Spacer for a glass table

343: Reusable "red tag" for locking out switches controlling devices being worked on

344: Clutch

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

#341: Arrowhead

Reply to
MetalCutter

My first thought was a fishing arrow head, but after looking at it, I can't imagine how it would work . What kind of arrowhead do you think it is? Sam

Reply to
woodcraftssuch

If I remember correctly they're used for small game and bird hunting. A direct hit will kill or stun a small animal while the outspread tines will hang the arrow up in the tall grass in case of a miss making the arrow easier to retrieve.

Reply to
MetalCutter

It is called a Judo head. It is used for birds and small animals.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again:

339) It looks as though it is a tool for removing/installing (unscrewing/screwing in) 5C collets in a CNC lathe. (Except that I'm not sure why the other three slots.) 340) Part of a latch for webbing belts. The two springs on the sides hold the teeth lightly engaged, and the hooks below grip more firmly when it is under load. (I think.) 341) Driver for flexible abrasive disks, perhaps? The springs keep the flexible surface in contact with the workpiece? 342) A puzzle?

343) *This* one, I am sure about. It is a lock-out plate, used for lockable power switches to allow multiple people working on a piece of powered equipment to be sure that the power is off. Each worker puts his own personal lock through one of the six holes, and any one of the six is sufficient to keep the horns of the ring engaged with the locking mechanism of the power switch (called the "disconnect"). It is a safety tool.

344) An old fishing reel, of the design used before the "spinning" reel came into use.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
335: polished with a chocolate bar to see if you can start a fire with just a can and a chocolate bar
Reply to
elgrandstink

A little tougher this week, Rob.

339. No clue 340. Can opener thingamabob. 341. No clue 342. Metal anechoic chamber walls. 343. Lockout device for electrical panels. Allows the master switch to be locked in OFF position. Allows multiple locks to be inserted to allow multiple parties to be performing maintenance on the machinery fed by the panel at the same time. 344. Open faced fishing reel.

RCM

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady
341 is a "stump grabbing" tip for an arrow.

Used for target shooting at tree stumps.

Reply to
David A. Webb
345 mute, maybe for trumpet 335 Polished to light a match? 336 hydrometer float 337 tent stake

Bruce

David A. Webb wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Farley

It is for hanging things, but I'm looking for a more specific answer.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Partial credit, it is a hook, not used with a door but on a specific type of wall.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

I'm guessing that a Judo head is the same as mine but made by a different company.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

A brick wall. It is inserted into the mortar gap with the teeth biting into the lower brick and the "batwings" pressing against the upper brick to keep it in place.

Art

Partial credit, it is a hook, not used with a door but on a specific type of wall.

Rob

Reply to
Wood Butcher

It is used on a bricked wall. The teeth and two wide spread 'antlers' are used as a compression fit in the horizontal mortar line. The two curvved hooks are then used as the hanger for ... whatever.

Lee Valley has something similar:

--

  • TomH + antonomasia-at-canada-dot-com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?