What is it? Set 269

Another new set has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
1529 A Minox camera.
Alexander Thesoso

1529 Typical "spy" camera 16mm still camera
Reply to
Howard R Garner

1525 Looks like a woodworking plane of some description , maybe for cutting fine grooves in timber for inlaying wood or metal like silver or gold.

or maybe itwas used for cutting paper or cloth or similar

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Another new set of (un)educated guesses has been produced, too:

1525 - Looks to be a moulding plane, or closely related implement, particularly designed to cut narrow slots in wood a variable distance from the edge. I'd fancy the slot might be used to hold a piece of sheet tin or similar material, say when making a pie safe. 1526 - Which portion is the sharp part? If the half moon is not really sharp, I'd guess it may be a letter opener and envelope sealer, the seam rippper like bit being the opener and the half moon used to apply pressure to the moistened gummed flap of the envelope. 1527 - Possibly a fancy snow making gun setup from a ski area? 1528 - Holders for the slats of vertical blinds?

1529 - Photographic light/exposure meter

1530 - Ummm....some sort of tire changing/seating/manipulation tool? On the other hand, it looks vaguely evil, so maybe instead it's a torture device from an old prison.

Now to read other guesses....

Reply to
Andrew Erickson

It's 9.5 mm film. I have a Minox exactly like that one. And the black box is a container for a film cassette.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress
1525 Inlay cutter. used to cut the grove for a brass/gold/ivory/contrasting wood inlay in a table top or box

1526 Letter opener. The flat part was to pry open the wax seal, the bullet part was to cut the envelope open if that failed.

1527 Look like some sort of rocket sled or similar. The steering wheel controls a high pressure dual valve setup to open the valve on that side.

1529 16mm "Spy" camera advertised > Another new set has been posted:

Reply to
RoyJ

and again some silly guesses from germany ...

1525 tool for making dimension lumber (in german: Leistenschneider)

1526 ?

1527 hm, the driver seat of my old volkswagen looks the same. (don´t know from which plane or helicopter this is taken)

1528 something from a sailing ship?

1529 yep, this is model a
1530 ?

greetings from germany chris

Reply to
Christian Stü

The small blade next to the point is sharp, and here is the owner's description of the half moon:

"As to sharpness, I guess you can say it is not blunt, but you can run your finger over it with moderate pressure and not be cut. It requires a fair amount of pressure to cut through a folded paper seam and the cut is not real clean."

Good guess, it's a tool for use with the old auto tires.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

As always, posting from rec.crafts.metalworking.

1525) A special plane designed to cut a narrow groove a selected distance from the edge of a wood surface.

I don't see an exit path for the curls -- but I also don't see all views. It could be on the side opposite the sidecar which serves as a distance guide.

1526) I *think* that this is a "case knife" -- used for opening snap-on watch case backs.

I'm not sure what the pin on the other side is for -- perhaps to lever the case back off after the knife starts it open.

1527) This looks like an astronaut's motorcycle. The various jets around the device thrust in various directions to steer and to move the device (and its rider).

It *could* be intended for use underwater instead, adding maneuverability for a SCUBA diver.

I'm not sure whether the cushioned seat would work well in either environment, however. :-) It depends on what stuffing it uses. Almost certainly it would not like the vacuum environment, so let's settle on an underwater maneuvering cycle instead of a space one.

1528) Hangers for old wooden Venetian blinds? The residue of oxidized green paint in the closeups seems to match what I remember.

1529) "Minox" tiny camera. Used a very small film -- smaller than the 16mm ones which I have.

1530) Part of it looks as though it would be usable for installing nose rings in bulls. not sure what the other parts do.

Now to see what others have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Rob H. wrote: (...)

Bead breaker?

Reply to
Winston

1525 I think this is for one of two things either it is a rather elaborate scriber or it is for planing rebates into wood? 1526 could this be a dentists tool? 1527 my first thought was its the seat out of a simulater but it i dont think thats right. However I hope whatever does not involve too much movement that shaft at groin level looks like it may hurt a little :{ 1528 ? 1529 stud detector? not sure why it would have dials however. 1530 i will have a stab at a farriers tool.
Reply to
Dwayne

I'm stumped! However, as a wild guess, 1529 resembles a plastic "citrus peeler" that I picked up in a grocery store some years ago aound Christmas time. The little tooth on the bottom is designed to slice into the peel and slice it open without gouging into the "flesh" of the orange, etc. Once you've made some slices(I preferred quartering the skin from top to bottom), you can then use the semicircular blade to slide under the peel and work it loose, again without gouging into the "flesh" of the fruit, as the blade is not really sharp. Just my .02 cents worth.

Nahmie

Reply to
Nahmie

Reply to
Steve W.

Yes, for getting the tire on and off the rim.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

1525: Looks to be a slitter, for cutting strips from veneer or thin wood.

John Martin

Reply to
John Martin

I haven't been able to confirm any of the guesses for either of the two unidentified items, but the rest of the answers can be seen here:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

How would they attach to the blinds?

I'm guessing that the flat part is intended to be imbedded in masonry joints (brick or block) with only the round knobby part sticking out. To hold something moderately heavy that needs to be hung and removed with out tools.

Reply to
William Bagwell

"Rob H." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

1526 - I'll second the citrus peeler but I have no idea what the flat portion of it would be for. 1528 - Looks like something that could be used to stir a liquid in some kind of manufacturing process.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

1528 makes me think heavily that they are grates for a coal stove. The kind that turn to dump the clunkers and ash.

I think the other unknown one is a fancy citrus peeler..but have no proof.

--riverman

Reply to
humunculus