What is it? Set 282

A new set of items has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

and again som silly guesse from germany

1603 no idea 1604 friction wheel from a tank, leading wheel for the chain 1605 "filtering device". the hook inside is used to filter out bigger polution while pouring. or to divide different heavy liquids, like oil from water 1606 "spaltaxt", oops, english word? to split wood 1607 no idea 1608 no idea

greetings chris

Reply to
Christian Stüben

"Christian Stüben" fired this volley in news:gtc0r7$8cq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

bigger

Nah... it's an oil can pitcher. Drop in a can, push the lid shut to contain AND open the can, then pour.

Replaced in the US with the "oil spout".

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
1603 It's a "medical device" early 20th century, delivers a mild electrical shock through the roller. Should be a ground wire with it somewhere. There was a lot of this stuff around when electricity was new and mysterious.

1604 Track chain drive sprockets from something. Probably a crawler type tractor, could be from a track drill or something else that used tracks.

1606 Wood splitter. The insert pieces cam out to push the wood apart.
Reply to
Bill Marrs

Is it a shamplaza?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill
1605 is *NOT* for oil. Look at the dimension: 5 1/2" tall. It's for beer.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman

*I* was going to say that. The preacher bought me one. He didn't want us drinking from cans during sermons because it would look like a commercial endorsement.

The flip tab made it obsolete. Now we wear hats with two cans and sipping tubes. No more trying to hold a hymnal with one hand.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

I don't know what that is, I did a quick search on it and didn't find much, so I can't say for sure but I don't think that's correct. Leo got it right, it's for beer, and it made the pull tab obsolete, as mentioned by E Z. The product name is Tapster, by Revere Co.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

"Andrew Erickson" wrote

They work Ok on wood that is fairly easy to split. But if there is a big knot in there or some twisted grain, it is like hitting a big rock. The vibration and shock travels down the handle into your arms and hurts.

Reply to
Lee Michaels