What is it? Set 367

A new set of items has been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

2118 Chair. Finally one I could get!
Reply to
J Burns

2113 is for flushing the cooling system on outboard motors with freah water . Particularly if the motor as been used in salt water. The rubber cups are installed over the water inlet on the leg of the motor and a garden hose is screwed into the fitting and the water is turned on ,the motor is started and run so the water pump circulates the fresh water through the cooling water galleries to flush salt water from the system 2115 a candle used as a clock

2116 a tool for installing automobile windscreens into the rubber mounting on the body of the vehicle.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Don't forget the roasting pan. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

2113. Looks like it's designed for pressurising a system by squeezing the rubber bulb. Not sure what the metal handle is for though. 2114. Hexagonal die for some sort of game. 2115. This is an artillery fuse. You cut it with a fuse saw to the desired length for the burn time required and light the string at the thick end. Inside it'll be packed with some sort of combustible alcohol soaked powder which burns at a (hopefully) given rate.
Reply to
Dave Baker

2116. Maybe a farrier's tool for cleaning out horses hooves.
Reply to
Dave Baker

Anyone know what that thing on the chair is?

Reply to
Dennis

This answer is correct.

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes, it's a time fuse for Civil War artillery.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

According to the owner this is correct although I haven't been able to find another one like it.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

"Rob H." fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

Try "frog hook".

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

2117 is an insect bite de-itcher. (piezo electric)

you zap the bite area and the pain overwhelms the itching feeling (for a while)

Reply to
Esra Sdrawkcab

2113: for adding oil to the lower unit of an outboard engine. 2115: A time fuse. See

2116: A farrier's tool of some sort?

That's I've got...

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Hmmmpf. Your photo was rather misleading. This is how it should look when open.

Dave Baker

2118 used to turn base ball bat's?

Robert

Reply to
Robert

I've been using one of those to clean out my ears!

Reply to
J Burns

That excuse sounds like sour grapes pickled in insufficient imagination and brined in a distinct lack of spacial perception.

Other than that... you're right; it was misleading. Isn't that sort of the POINT?

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Seems like it would have a tighter seal on the motor if it was closed like in my picture, just did a Google image search on this it, looks like almost

50/50 open/closed:

Rob H.

Correct, someone sent me the picture so I don't know if it actually works or not.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

I didn't find any hoof picks when searching that term, though I did learn that the triangular shaped area of the hoof is called the frog.

Reply to
Rob H.