What I have been doing

Going fast and getting broken...streetluge style. Here is a front page story about it.

Buy some Shrocket kits to help me pay the medical bills...

Shrox

shrox

ouch! sincerest sympathies.

did you put the video on line some where?!?!?!?? :)

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Here is the video link:

Shrox

-----------------------

Cliff Sojourner wrote:

Reply to
shrox

Damn, that looks like fun!

Since I stopped playing puck I've been looking for a good *safe* sport to enjoy. Then again, maybe not.

Ted 'feeling his age' Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

What, no rocket motors on those? :) Just kidding, it sounds like you don't need em. If I was down there I'd shoot the hill with you. I used to do it the old fashioned way, before the street luge was invented. On a longboard, flat on my back, no protective gear, arms crossed over my chest. We called it the coffin.

Speedy recovery.

Mike Fisher Binder Design

Reply to
Mfreptiles

AND everybody thought I WAS NUTS!! GEEZ!! I would at least try to hit 70 mph on one of those.

Like Mike Fisher said, "No rocket motors?"

I bet Ky could make you go faster by strapping a rocket on it! :-)

Have a speedy recovery dude! No pun intended.

KMJK

HEADLINE NEWS:

In a world record, SHROX took the down-hill luge one step further:

A custom built paved downhill slope of 20%! Yes folks, it AIN'T pretty!

Reply to
Karl M.J. Kowert

Ouch, my sympathy dude. Maybe you should consider getting your adrenaline rush doing something a little safer, like drag racing. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Or rocket cars.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Or rocket luges?

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Gotcher mug on the news spot. Newsman called you "Shrok" at first though. He mentioned you were a computer animator... too bad he didn't mention rocket designer too... maybe that topic would be too interferring with the current streetluge topic... oh well.

Looks fun; stay well, and make more rockets.

~Duane.

Duane Phillips

Hey Shrox, forget about those curves, look for straightline speed. Alittle downforce maybe a baby M and you'll be honking down the straightaways like this guy. I like the pic where he told his wife he would stop after 4 rockets. Hah!

Chuck

Chuck Rudy

Chuck RudyThey never once mention Aerotech. Anybody can tell those are G64's. Another question, why does he have the ejection charges installed. Brakes after 10 seconds of speed?

Reply to
Stephen

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Been there, done that. Well, actually, I strapped 9 plugged E's on it, but then I never got around to getting the batteries set up. I'll do that after I heal up...

Shrox

-----------------------

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Reply to
shrox

:) This should be in the darwin award faq :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Neither do I. But if you ever see Jim ask him!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I've seen the photos!

Run away!

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Me too but I have unlimited webspace too :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine