Rob

Reply to
R.H.

#569 is a kungfu aid:

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Um, #569 has its name right on it. Travel Wrench. Probably recommended by the Canadian Tire Guy.

Reply to
Doug Payne

Looks like...

569 Tool in a motorcyle or car kit 570 Molds for halloween? 571 I could be creatative...But I'll restrain myself on this one...No idea 572 Wire stripper electrician/mechanics tool 573 Lawn Aerator 574 No clue
Reply to
bremen68

Note to self: Don't mess with Tom...

Relz

Reply to
Relz

and inspired by Moe Howard...

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons
571 Tap for tapping holes in wood? Think "broom handle"

572 Pliers for working with explosives. The business end cuts fuse, and crimps blasting caps. The pointy handle is for putting a hole in the dynamite stick to push the cap into.

573 Lawn thatcher
Reply to
BILL MARRS

572 I tend toward electricians tool, as "Mfg by Sargent Co" tells me. They make a *lot* of electrical tools. 573 Yep, a lawn aerator. The top is actually a shallow box you can put weights in.
Reply to
Norman D. Crow
573 is a lawn aerator.

565 is an ice crusher.

Reply to
Frank K.

Maybe a box for holding the mask templates. It rather depends how big the eyes etc are. Are they life size?

EDEB.

Reply to
EDEB

Reply to
Mike Berger
572--Cable cutterr 573--Harrow 574--Racquet clamp 563--Carbon tet fire extinguisher 564--Sawtooth set 565--Ice crusher 566--Cane head. I WANT it! 567--Military cartridge belt
Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Bill looks on the money with #572, see here:

Tom

Reply to
Tom

571 I think they call it a chaser, to clean four pitches of threads.

572 The open hole in #572 looks like it's made to cut, not crimp. I think it's from the days when electricity was supplied through solid conductors that depended on air spacing because rubber insulation wasn't reliable. I think the jaw was designed to strip and cut 8-gage wire, and the hole in the handle was an aid for making Western Union splices. Hmmmm... what gage were telegraph lines?

574 It's obviously to clamp a stack of LP records together so they don't warp on the shelf. Why didn't *I* think of that!
Reply to
Sawney Beane

570 may have had something to do with store mannequins. A store manager wouldn't want all the same faces, and he would want a change from time to time. The traveling artisan could show the manager pictures of different dummy faces, then use the kit to mold a face with the chosen eyes, nose, and mouth.
Reply to
Sawney Beane

#569 A travel wrench (duh!) #570 A Mission Impossible kit for making latex masks? #573 A harrow/disc?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

# 565 is an ice grinder. Boy did that one bring back memories. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Yes, according to the owner the metal pieces are life size.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

According to R.H. :

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as usual:

569) Looks like a wrench for on-the-road repairs to a bicycle.

I'm not sure what the large round hole is for -- perhaps mounting it somewhere to the bike frame to make sure that it is around when you need it.

It appears to be fiberglass filled plastic, so it would not be strong enough to use on a motorcycle, and the largest size wrench section is too small for real utility on a motorcycle, let alone a car.

The choice of material may be to allow it to be carried on an airplane in these days of fear of any metal tools. :-) it *does* say "Travel wrench" on it, after all.

570) Hmm ... at a guess, it is used for making masks with the ability to build a pattern from various features to fit on the basic skull part.

Or -- perhaps they would be used by an undertaker in rebuilding a damaged face for presentation prior to the burial?

571) It doesn't look right for a thread restoration file, and in particular there is not the difference is pitch from one side to another, so I'll have to say "I don't know" on this one. Not even a reasonable guess. 572) Hmm ... Sargent is a maker of locks.

So -- I would guess that this one is intended for cutting security cables to length in the notch closer to the hinge, and for crimping ferrules over the cut cable to provide something to lock to, and something which won't let the strands of the cable fray.

573) I think that is a de-thatching tool -- for breaking up accumulated lawn trimmings which have worked their way between the grass stems.

574) This looks as though it is to grip something wound in a large ID coil. Perhaps something like an electrician's snake (tape). The blue pads are to grip the edges of the coil.

Normally, they are supplied in plastic or metal holders, but there might be some times when being able to loosen it and stretch the tape out full length might be handy.

575) ---------- nope, nothing more to guess about. ----------

Now to see what other guesses may say.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

# 572 I had one of those back in the fifties when I was a little kid. It was a wire cutter but I used it for cutting anything i could get in the blades. It worked good for trimming the apple tree we had in the back yard, but it was really ment for stripping and cutting wire. It had a lot of leverage since the cutting hole was close to the pivot.

John

Reply to
John