What is it? LX

  • R. H.

By the way, what really _is_ # 341? I can read that it is a "Shocker

100 arrowhead" which:

"Five spring-steel claws grip turf and prevent the arrow from burrowing into the ground. Tremendous shocking power for small game hunting. Perfect for precision stump shooting. Sold in packages of 2."

But I still wonder what it /does/.

Reply to
Jon Haugsand

Like a Judo point. Its used for small game shooting. When shooting at low angles an arrow tends to slither along the ground and may wind up in a different place/direction than when you last saw it.

The fingers catch on grass tufts and so forth, slowing it down very quickly and in fact, may cause the arrow to pop upwards at the nock end so its easily seen and retrieved.

When shooting a rabbit or small game, the fingers grab fur, guts, tendons and internal organs and simply rip them out. Death is usually instantaneous.

Gunner

"Veterans, and anyone sensible, take cover when there's incoming. A cloud of testosterone makes a piss poor flack shield."

Reply to
Gunner
  • snipped-for-privacy@lightspeed.net

OK, I am a bit wiser, but still.... Are we talking about bow and arrow hunting here? Or some sort of airborn harpoon? Or real (* gasp

*) guns?
Reply to
Jon Haugsand

Oh..bow and arrows. Arrows are generally shot from bows. Bolts from crossbows, and so forth.

Though you can shoot arrows from a 12ga or 20ga shotgun. Remove the shot from the shell, stuff an arrow down the barrel and chamber the shell. Make sure the arrow is against the wad before firing. Wood actually holds up better than aluminum arrows most of the time.

They fly really really fast, but tend to go in all directions. Too fast for stabilization usually.

Or so they say........

Gunner

"Veterans, and anyone sensible, take cover when there's incoming. A cloud of testosterone makes a piss poor flack shield."

Reply to
Gunner
  • snipped-for-privacy@lightspeed.net

Ah, I could not image in the first place. I don't think such hunting is allowed in Norway.

Reply to
Jon Haugsand