376 3D polarizatin glasses for 3D movies 377 ordinary refill type pencil 378 water pipe end point 379 included service tool for some particular device (boat motor, lawn mover, etc.) 380 ethnic music/rythm instrument 381 drainage scree for some water device
Reply to
Jon Haugsand

#376 Goggles. They're a yellow filter to improve contrast in low-light conditions. Given the side-shields I expect they're for use in mountain (or Arctic) blizzards, rather than at dusk.

#377 Machinist's scriber. I think this is a Blue Point one, and there's a magent in the top too.

#378 Banjo tuning key - the odd one, halfway down the neck.

#379 Bike spanner / tyre lever. A cheap piece of extruded aluminium, specially designed for the large wrench to split if you ever need to use it. Cute design, entirely useless as a reliable tool.

#380. Treen. Keeps bored woodturners busy. This one probably claims to be a lace-making bobbin, but that captive ring is a give-away that the real purpose of woodturning is woodturning.

#381 Screw-on nose, to allow a fabric polishing mop to be mounted on the end of a shaft or motor.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

with the pentagonal hole i would have assumed #379 was a wrench for opening/closing fire hydrants. i'd guess #380 is from russia, ukraine. lace maker's bobbin. (funny response Andy) i woulda guessed #381 would be for extracting broken bolts.

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

376: Welder's safety goggles. (other possibilities: blacksmith's, farrier's) 377: Scribe 378: Tap 379: Hammer of some sort; probably intended for carrying in the field, as it looks like it's made to be light. It's got a hammering end, a claw, a nail-puller, and a prybar. I don't understand the hole in the peen, though.

380: Looks like a musical instrument.

381: Gas fitting for attaching flexible tubing.
Reply to
Matthew Russotto

#376: sunglasses, possibly for shooting. The orange color would give you sharper color resolution.

#377: a pocket scriber or one of those "engravers" for marking items.

#380: could be a lace-making bobbin, but from the size is more likely to be a spindle for drop-spinning. 12" long is awfully big for a lace bobbin.

Reply to
Barbara Bailey

Goggles for glassblowing.

Carbide scribe.

Windage adjuster for a cricket bat.

Original equipment tool kit for a Yugo.

Knobbed wooden thing.

Hex-headed metal thing.

Reply to
JohnM

376. For looking cool during mid-life crisis. 377. Device to bore holes in pockets and pocket protectors. With magnet. 378. Hillbilly adjustment knob. 379. It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No! It's Hawemchbar! Free gift if you get married in Minnesota. 380. Super-fancy foot-long ruler. A baker's foot, anyway. 381. Unbushinger.

Posted from RCM.

Reply to
B.B.
376 Glassblower's glasses 377 carbide tipped scribe 378 tuning peg on a guitar 379 fireman's tool 380 ? 381 adapter to hold buffing wheels on a motor shaft.

Red

Reply to
Red

380- molinillo, used to mix Mexican chocolate drinks
Reply to
pwrbus

From rec.crafts.metalworking:

376 Glass Blower's Glasses 377 Pocket Scribe 378 Rear view of the 5th string tuner on a banjo 379 Some type of multitool, perhaps for a fireman or maybe demolition 380 Honey dipper? 381 Impossible fastener. My old supervisor had a poster with a couple dozen different types. :-)

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again:

376) The side screens show that these are being used for an industrial application.

The color is not the blue which would filter out sodium flames but I strongly suspect that it is for some other similar filtering function. Perhaps to show up a potassium flame? Anyway, I suspect that it is for some form of gas welding or brazing.

377) Layout scribe, for marking in contrast coated metals prior to machining. Button extends or retracts the sharp poing, which would otherwise be endangering the pocket and the wearer. 378) fifth-string tuning machine (geared key) for a five-string banjo. 379) A fireman's tool. The pentagonal hole in the head fits the valve stem on fire hydrants.

The hook and loop in the handle is for tightening the brass/bronze hose fittings onto the hydrant, or to join two hoses.

The hammer and hook on the head may be for breaking into locked doors to gain access to the fire.

380) Not at all sure, but I *think* that it is related to the fibre arts in some way. 381) Arbor for polishing wheels to attach to a bench grinder. The hex nut threads onto the shaft, and the long gentle screw grips the cloth polishing wheel.

Comparing it to the penny for size, I think that it is designed for something other than a bench grinder -- perhaps a hand-held angle grinder, or something similar.

Now to see what others say.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols
381: Given the left-hand thread of the conical section, I'd guess this is an easy-out.
Reply to
Bruce Adams

Oops, brain-fart... they are right-hand, aren't they. ---never mind

Reply to
Bruce Adams

The lines are a reflection of a shelf, I didn't notice them until you mentioned it, so they aren't 2-tone. According to the seller these glasses were use for a rather common purpose, not industrial in nature.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Amber glass, in general, is used to reduce glare and see through haze. Commonly used by avaitors, hunters, and fisherman, among others. Even preferred by some (over the 'normal' green/grey) for highway driving..

Which category this particular pair falls into is "anybody's guess".

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Motorcycle goggles?

Mark & Juanita

UV blocking for sunbathing under a UV lamp?

Reply to
Tm

Hmm, 1912? Maybe glasses for Automobilists?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller