Another tool ID needed XXIV

201 is a pipe cutter. There are cutting wheels on the chain. 204 "basket" of a manual typewriter.

195. Schraeder valves.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson
201 is a pipe cutter

RH wrote: It's a cutter but I'm still trying to determine if it's for pipe or glass. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have seen one, much larger, used to cut clay sewer pipe. It looks like it would be turned, so the wheels make a groove, like a glass cutter. The contractor I watched merely tightened the chain, and the pipe popped in two. I don't know of any clay pipe in sizes that this tool could handle, so it is plausible that it would be used for glass tubing, such as is used for boiler sight glasses, etc.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman
197 is a paint scraper/razor blade.

Reply to
Jeff
198 appears to be a locking bolt out of a safe.
Reply to
Footy

*NOT* likely to be for glass, with the _multiple_ cutter wheels. You don't need pressure to cut glass -- scoring the surfacei, and then 'snapping' is sufficient -- even with tubing.
Reply to
Robert Bonomi

209, universal tool for a machine, similar to a bicycle spanner I had some years ago.
Reply to
Badger

Razor blade is correct.

Reply to
R.H.

Yes, it's from a bank vault.

Reply to
R.H.

I'm guessing that you mean 205, yes it's a universal tool but it's for a particular machine.

Reply to
R.H.

The seller told me that he thought it was a glass cutter, I finally found one just like it on this page, second from the bottom:

click on the photo for a larger one.

Correct.

Yes.

Reply to
R.H.

As I mentioned in a different post, the seller told me that he thought it was a glass cutter, I finally found one just like it on this page, second from the bottom:

click on the photo for a larger one.

Reply to
R.H.

Looks like the seller was right, I finally found one just like it on this page, second from the bottom:

click on the photo for a larger one.

Reply to
R.H.

Correct, it's for glass tubes, see the second photo from the bottom:

click on the photo for a larger one.

Reply to
R.H.

Reply to
ccmainord

Maybe or maybe not. Look in the current MSC "Big Book", page

2322, left hand side, middle of the column. "Exhaust & Tailpipe Cutting Tool", Mfr's part number KDS2031, MSC catalog number 33007527, $38.31. I tried to look it up on their web page, so I could post a link, but that happens to be down for maintenance at the moment, so no such luck.

Though the length of the chain in your photo suggests that it is the glass tubing one -- just not enough to go around an automotive exhaust pipe. And the compound leverage in yours matches the glass cutter site, and not the (rather too small) illustration in the MSC catalog. But they work the same way, anyway.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Yes, it's a single edge razor blade.