Just a simple questtion I'm sure...

I ran into a little problem today that I'm quite sure is due to my lack of experience with SW (Just started to play with it last week).

I have a top level assembly that has two sub assembly components in it. One part on one of the assemblys needs to be aligned with a part on the other assembly. Not mated but just lined up to match. I edited the assembly containing the part to be aligned, but when I tried to "mate it or relationship) it to the other part the software told me that I could not do that.

I know that this type of editing a component in one assembly to align with another part in another assembly must be done all the time, I just don't know how.... Any suggestions??

Mimi

Reply to
mimi

Mimi,

In each subassembly leave whatever degrees of freedom unconstrained that must move to get your alignment to work. Then in the top level assembly make each subassembly a flexible subassembly using the properties accessible through a right mouse click on the components.

I will tell you that using flexible assemblies can hurt performance. But as an excercise this ought to be interesting.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Because it's been answered many, many, many times and all the poster need do is look.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped....

Thanks

Reply to
mimi