Free Flashlight Coupon

Says the coupon may not be reproduced. But, likely the store
clerks won't read the fine print. Free flashlight.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Free is about all they're worth as a real flashlight. I have some that look identical to the picture, and the housing is thin enough to crush with just hand power.
I'd be embarrased to give them to anyone I know.
The LEDs aren't even soldered to a circuit board in the one model, and both versions just fold the (-) leads out alongside the reflector, then jamb the LED assembly and clear lens into the housing.
A good deal for free LEDs to experiment with if they can be removed without breaking the leads off, but a very poor example of "it looky like a flashlight" Chinese goods.
Reply to
Wild_Bill
I have 6 or 8 of those around the house. We sold thousands of them for $3.99 when they came out 2 years ago. Could not get enough of them. They use 3 AAA batteries. They work OK, but sometimes you have to rap them on a hard surface to wake 'em up.
Reply to
RBnDFW
First, take the moral high ground - go to the store and ask, "I found this on the internet. Is it valid?" I doubt if it'll be a problem, since the purpose of coupons is to get people into the store, where they usually buy other stuff. They probably got a containerload of the flashlights for about fifteen cents apiece from China. ;-)
Cheers! Rich
Reply to
Rich Grise
I took my coupon to my local store, but they didn't have any in stock. The clerk was about to issue a rain check, when the manager said, "here, take one of these," and handed me one from a basket near the door (they were for a promotion of some sort or another).
Oh, and I ended up buying $15 worth of other stuff while I was in the store.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Danniken
$15? That wasn't worth the trip! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell
Sounds like you did good. And they got back the value of the light.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon
Excellent moral lesson. You're so right.
I'm nominating Rich for the Dr. Laura Award of the Week. Any seconds?
Reply to
Stormin Mormon