Free Technical Books

30 pounds of math books, mostly calculus

45 pounds of electronics and data books, z-80, Motorola 68xxx, a couple ca. 2000 HP/Agilent catalogs

8 pounds PLC text, motor control voc text, 1987 NEC

You pay for USPS media mail actual cost and the books are free, as long as we don't get into cherry picking or extensive Q&A about details. Looks like worst case, Maine to California, for 45# is about $20.

My email address is good.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I'd like these, Ned.

Sent.

-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That lot goes to Larry.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Would you have Calc/Analytic Geom, Intuitive approach, Vol 1, by Morris Kline?? Larry proly don't need it, and I got Vol. 2.... :)

Reply to
Existential Angst

Take the pile of math books and find out.

There are 8 books, but no Kline. Regardless, I think they'd look better at your place than mine.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

You have that many tables to level?

(P.S.......I bought a Kindle for my sister to Guinea pig for me. I loaded 977 books on it for her. I'm impressed so far, it's WAY cool! Now, I'll get one. What will happen to dead-tree books?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I think he thought I got 'em all, but I only requested the third line item, not the entire lot. 'Course, if you have a basic TRIG book in there that he doesn't want...I've forgotten the 2 hours of trig instrauction (1/2 dozen pages, IIRC) I received in Coleman College's Computer Electronics Technology (comp repair) course back in '88.

I most certainly don't need calculus books. Alas, my math fu is weak.

-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Huh? Oh, book under the leg to level the table. Got it. YOU HEATHEN! BOOKS DON'T GO ON THE FLOOR! And stop eating the covers. Some people's kids, I swear...

I'll keep collecting them.

-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Pretty basic, but easy to "ship", if you can live without paper. Your local library probably has paper ones.

Ecnerwal

Thanks for posting the first site, my kid is about to ask me trig. questions soon and at first sight looks like a great place. Was thinking of winging it to see how much I remember.

Lately, the estimate multiplied by an estimate divided by an estimate equals a rounded answer questions are driving me crazy. And then compare over time when your generalizing doesn't make since to me. Why not use the exact numbers to make sure it all ads up. I use to get in trouble at the black board for doing a lot of the equation in my head. Like being marked for being the one who stole the teachers book. It wasn't me, but I heard rumor that it was out and about. That's how the Socialites passed the class.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Don't have one, but I think these look a lot nicer than Kindle:

Kindle don't/won't read epub format nor fb2, djvu, html... which eliminates a whole bunch of free stuff floating around the web. Don't support any memory cards either.

Quite a few Tablet computers coming out now. A lot more $$$ though...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Most excellent, sir. I'll check 'em out.

Thankee, oh person of reversed name.

-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I had the same problem in Algebra II. I couldn't do the problems with the method taught by the building contractor who also taught math at high school. He failed me on the midterm because I didn't show any of my calculations, but I got every answer right. He kept me after class that afternoon and gave me another test of his own. I aced that, too, but he gave me a lower grade because I couldn't use his methods.

Mine thought that of me, too, until I was the only one taking his test. He was the only one with answers. When my final grade in his class came up a C- when I earned an A, I wanted to nuke him. Instead of helping me to learn it, he ended up turning me away from math.

I just realized how much I haven't forgiven that.

-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I got held back from prerequisites and oh by the way your out of $ at the beginning of the second semester.

The class always hated me in math cause I could get them all correct. I'd even knock off a couple to keep the grade point average just below the ceiling. Thing was that I never did my homework, ever. I did that at home... For homework I would do all the problems with scribble notes and then too busy to even write down the answers and that wasn't enough, they wanted your notes, well my note were hard for me to read again. So I'd always have an F and an A minus the grade point free bee equals 48. Pay the teacher off with delivered breakfast tacos or beg for the D-.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Bless you, and yeah, they proly would look good over here, but as you can well imagine, I think I'm exceeding the structural limits of my hovel as it is, AND le wife would kill me -- she now monitors what comes in le hovel. And I don't even know what I would do with the Kline Vol 1 -- it's more like salmon spawning, I'm so pissed about it having grown legs. Amazing how difficult that book is to find.

Reply to
Existential Angst