Mig welding books

I see this book on my E-mail from HF.

Is this book any good? I am looking to teach myself Mig and Oxy until fall then go to our College and take all the welding courses. Any other books worth a damn out there that I could learn by? I think I bought a book on ebay by MILLER "NEW MIG WELDING BOOK MANUAL GMAW WELDER " I will know in 3 HR. for $9.50. Better than 25.00 from MILLER. I would like to get a jump on learning as much as I can before I go for College. I have to look like I know as much as these kids that just got out of high school and are starting College Welding courses.

Reply to
Don D

Try this link. I like it, it's free, and best of all it's instant gratification.

Zorro

Thanks a lot. Every little bit helps. I will print it out latter for night reading also. I was looking and saw Co2 penetrates deeper than argon / Co2. That I did not know... Cheaper is deeper. But Argon is for the appearance I guess. I think that is what I skimmed over.

Reply to
Don D

I haven't seen that book but HF also sells one called Welding Essentials that I really like. They're not showing info on it on their site but I've seen it in the local HF store.

The Amazon reviewers really like it too:

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

duya think you should (shouldn't?) tell him about

this guy is pretty sharp, wouldn't consider it the "last word", but someone in need he can usually come through

news:9im%b.10212$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

Reply to
dogalone

That's a good site too. Not just for MIG but all sorts of stuff.

Reply to
Zorro

I found that book used on ebay "welding Essentials" .. How many pages is it?... It looks thin, but I thought AMAZON had a write up on it being 480 pages under product detail...I could be wrong again.

Don D

I took another look, and the one on e-bay does not say "expanded first Edition" like the one on Amazon. Is it still worth buying the one on ebay (I have a bid on this one) or should I buy the expanded first Edition and let the bid go?

Don D