WTB - scroll/bending equipment

I need some scroll bending and regular bending equipment, but not the big
stuff common to metalworking. I want to bend mostly 1/8 " thick flat bar up
to 1" wide, but also am going to bend some small rod and square stuff. I
would say most of the scrolls will be of 1/8" x 1/2". The Hossfeld scroll
bending set I paid $185 for in 1980 now sells for close to $600, so I am
looking for alternatives. If you got any used stuff, home made stuff, or
just stuff, e mail me.
The weather is starting to cool off here in Las Vegas. Only 98 today.
Almost had to put a shirt on it was so cool. I am getting ready to get out
in the shop and start crankin'. I would also be interested in SMALL
benders, maybe home made that will do SMALL square, round and flat, SMALL
meaning 1/4" or less. Mostly less. Things that will do 90s and radius and
multiple bends where I would have a diagram made out, and bend the metal
with many repeated bends. I would also like something that can put a 90 in
a small piece of sheet metal like 22 ga. on a piece that is a few inches
long, and one inch wide. Just to make a 1/4" to 1/2" lip. Want it finished
and nice looking, so don't want to do the hammer in the vise trick.
Many thanks in advance, and hats off to an outstanding group.
Tips welcome. Not gratuities, but pointers. Well, I wouldn't refuse
gratuities, either.
Reply to
Loading thread data ...
Have you considered something like this?
formatting link
with the scroll attachment:
formatting link
The bench version of the bender sometimes goes on sale for as little as $49.99 and the scroller for $19.99 but I haven't seen the scroller on sale for some time. They sell a picket twister for it too:
formatting link
They also sell this:
formatting link
Best Regards, Keith Marshall snipped-for-privacy@progressivelogic.com
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers (1879-1935).
Reply to
Keith Marshall
Metal-Craft They do have US dealers, but I can not remember who, or where they are located. I did remember the company name, and found their website. Metal-Craft makes all sorts of tools for fabing the small flats etc. that you are planning to work with. You can buy the tools separately or in different "package" deals. If nothing else you can get a few ides, looking at their site. link below.
formatting link
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.