books?

I'm in a list-making mood. If you had to choose 3 books to recommend to other metalworkers, whether technical or fiction, what would they be?

Here's a start on my master list:

TECHNICAL

Machine Shop Trade Secrets James A. Harvey How To Run A Lathe South Bend Lathe Works Machine Tool Rebuilding Connelly Welding Principles and Applications Jeffus The Machinist's Bedside Reader 1-3 Guy Lautard

FICTION:

Trustee from the Toolroom Nevil Shute Callahan's Key Spider Robinson

What would you add?

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Richard J Kinch

click on

Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.

F. George McDuffee

Metzger's Dog Thomas Perry

Building a howitzer to blow a bank vault.

Any of the Stainless Steel Rat books.

Machinery's Handbook

Anything from below:

Steve Walker

I'd add Lincoln's "Procedures of Arc Welding Handbook".

Reply to
JohnM