books?

I'm in a list-making mood. If you had to choose 3 books to recommend to other
metalworkers, whether technical or fiction, what would they be?
Here's a start on my master list:
TECHNICAL
Machine Shop Trade Secrets James A. Harvey
How To Run A Lathe South Bend Lathe Works
Machine Tool Rebuilding Connelly
Welding Principles and Applications Jeffus
The Machinist's Bedside Reader 1-3 Guy Lautard
FICTION:
Trustee from the Toolroom Nevil Shute
Callahan's Key Spider Robinson
What would you add?
GWE
Reply to
Grant Erwin
Richard J Kinch
click on
Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
F. George McDuffee
Metzger's Dog Thomas Perry
Building a howitzer to blow a bank vault.
Any of the Stainless Steel Rat books.
Machinery's Handbook
Anything from below:

Steve Walker
I'd add Lincoln's "Procedures of Arc Welding Handbook".
Reply to
JohnM