Upcoming Rock Island Arsenal sale

I will not go this year... Some fun marvels avaiolable for yer perusal

Ignoramus5648

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:57:00 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus5648 scrawled the following:

I wish there were auctions for large goodies like that around here.

He, Ig. I read a nasty rumor in Newt's _Lessons Learned the Hard Way_ book today. It said that Cook County Illinoise schools teach in over

200 languages. Tell me it isn't so! Bilingual is expensive enough.

-- The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook

Reply to
Larry Jaques

There is a cute benchtop lathe hiding there.

I am in Dupage county, not Cook, and never heard of this.

Looks like it discusses English and Spanish as languages for instruction, and mentions other languages in a transitional program, which I interpret as just helping them get started with English (ie, they do not teach math in Russian).

Ignoramus15879

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:37:45 -0500, the infamous Ignoramus15879 scrawled the following:

I'm even more jealous now.

I remember being pissed off every time I got a California ballot with the 28 different translations available. It's probably up to 60 now. I doubt this was what he referred to, but I'll keep digging.

All together now: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! ;)

-- The blind are not good trailblazers.

-- federal judge Frank Easterbrook

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Looked at the CNC lathes, every one ends with "needs EUC" what's "euc"?

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

This'd be my guess:

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

End Use Certificate. You would have to certify that you are not a spy and that you will not export this lathe without govt permission.

Ignoramus15879

And let me warn you that dealing with the EUC bureaucrats is a real pain in the ass. Do not get me started on this or how they demanded EUCs on some old crap that I bought without EUC and sold without any record.

Ignoramus15879

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:40:46 -0400, the infamous Randy scrawled the following:

From

END USE CERTIFICATE (EUC) ** Very Important** Any item purchased that is designated as EUC will require the buyer to complete the EUC. This form must be submitted to the Auction Company. The auction Company will then submit the form to the Army. The form will be reviewed and a decision made to approve or disapprove will be made by the Department of the Army prior to those designated items are able to be released and become possession of the buyer/s. The approval process can take up to 3 months after the form has been submitted to the Army. If you plan on bidding on any items noted as needing an EUC, contact the Auction Company, today!! Completing the paperwork and beginning the filing process prior to ending of the online sale date will help expedite the process. NOTE: ONLY U.S. Citizens and U.S. based companies or corporations may purchase equipment requiring EUC.