Urgent Help on 3 phase

Hi all. Hope someone can help a.s.a.p. Somewhile ago, I bought a motor controller for an industrial fan. The fan motor is brand new, 3 phase, dual voltage, 2.2kw, and wired in star
configuration. What is puzzling is that the controller manual states that the controller is 230v 3 phase ..... would the controller be compatable with our 3 phase supply? and would the motor be compatable with the controller?? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to try and get things wired up a.s.a.p. and get the fan working. Many thanks in advance. Brad.
You mean because you think your 3 phase supply is 415V?
230V phase to neutral is 415V phase to phase.

Assuming that the controller is being fed from 230V single phase, then it is producing 230V phase to phase output voltage. If so, then re-connect the motor from star to delta and you are good to go.
HTH
Mark Rand RTFM

Hi Mark, The controller manual certainly states that it is 3 phase 230v, not single phase, thus the confusion ! There is another 'class' within the controller range which is rated at 3 phase 460v. This is now causing me a right headache. Cheers. Brad.

Could be for the European market as they also have 230v 3 phase.
I had one of these a few years ago and only saw the 3 phase bit so I put this on my 440v meddings drill to get the variable speed option.
The resulting bang and flash wasn't as great as I have had in the past but still spectacular <g>
.

I've got a 3 phase 200volt class inveter. It runs fine on single phase 220 volt and has an output derated to about a third. So IMHO your 2.2KW inverter might run a 0.75KW 3 phase motor from a single phase supply if the motor is wired in delta. Sadly your inverter isn't compatible with a UK 3 phase supply. However I do know where a 5HP 415 3 phase inverter is that needs a better home (see the next topic!)
Charles