Urgent help on OPC letterature

Hi all, I am desperately in need for information on OPC. Things I am interested in are like:

1- the difference and advantages over Modbus and DDE? -in cost, -time stamping of Data, -redundancy philosophy? - (anything that could be easy for me to read through, i mean not the whole technicalities....)

2-what is the OPC/DX with respest to the OPC?DA and OPC/ A&E?

Please help, Kazamaza

Reply to
Kazamaza

:-: Ghost Chip :-:

Kamakaza,

OPC DX enables communication between OPC DA servers, for instance. In the traditional DA architecture, OPC clients ask servers for services (quite obvious :-) ). In the DX architecure, it is possible to establish a connection between two OPC servers. The DX architecure enables communication between different types of networks (like Foundation Fieldbus and Profibus).

Ronaldo

Reply to
Ronaldo Tomazeli Duarte