Help needed urgent: Usability of online help

Hi,

I wish to request all the group members to help me in my study about the usability of online helps. Could you please let me know about the problems and concerns you face while working with any online help, especially Solidworks help? It would help if you could mail me your feedback with respect to the Navigation, Language, References (See Also links, Reference, Example, and TIP topics), ToC, amount of information available in the help topics, Search functionality available in the online/context-sensitive help and so on.

In short, youe feedback can be a major contribution in my study about comparing the online/context-sensitive help for the CAD tools like Solidworks, Autodesk,Pro/E, and so on. If you could suggest me the factors that affects the usability of any online help, or the factors that can be incorporated to improve the ease of use of any online help.

Hope to get your support and lot of suggestions. Awaiting for the feedback avalanche.

-- Regards, N i r a j G o r d e Technical Writer Life is a different teacher. It does not teach the lesson first and then take the exam.... it takes the exam first and then teaches the lesson

Reply to
nirajgorde

Having a paper copy of the manual is probably the biggest single thing that could be done to improve help.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Reply to