Siemens MMV150 inverter

Does anyone have any knowledge of this inverter?
It works well from the front panel buttons, but adding a remote STOP-START and
SPEED control is giving me a headache!
I have the manual, and setting parameters to give external control only allows me to control REV-OFF-FORW. The unit ignores the 0 - 10v analogue input, and runs the frequency up to the top setpoint.
Anyone conversant with this unit with any ideas???
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

allows me to control REV-OFF-FORW. The unit ignores the 0 - 10v analogue input, and runs the frequency up to the top setpoint.

These inverters are normally very well behaved.
Check
p006=1
If this does not sort it out,email me your parameter settings and I'll check them. What value of potentiometer are you using? I have several units here and can try it out as well.
Bob
Thanks, Bob.
P006 = 1 for anal. input P009 = 3 for full P control P023 = 0 for 0 to 10v input P051 = 1 motor R P052 = 2 motor L
dip switches as fig 16 ie up-down-down
4k7 pot as fig6 in manual......Check OK voltage varying on term 3 (but not displaying on P721)
Motor direction is OK via terms 5 & 6 (din1 & din2)
Any other thoughts?
Regards................Tom
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Tom,
What have you set for P021 & P022 and P012 & P013
I've never tried using P721 so not sure how it behaves - might one work when it is running??
Bob
On Saturday, 16 February 2013 19:43:34 UTC, Bob Minchin wrote:

Thanks for getting back, Bob
P021 set to 0 (Min frequency required) P022 set to 20 (as frequ. ramps up to this value -not anal controlled, and this lathe a bit frightening at full speed! (It's a biggish Leinen))
Incidentally, do you have any experience of using Anal. input2 (Terms 10 & 11) or are these solely for closed loop feedback signals?
p012 and P013 zero and 50 (default)
Tom.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

OK I'll dig one out and have a play today and get back to you
Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:

Hi Tom,
I suspect your problem is P007 is still set to 1 ? This needs to be 0 to disable the keypad operation (apart from STOP which is always functional)
With the motor off, the display should alternate between 0 (actual frequency) and the set frequency according to value of the pot but limited by P022.
On my inverter (MMV 5500watt 440v 3phase in modified to take 240 single phase input) P721 does indeed readout the voltage on pin 3 at all times. This is irrespective of the setting of P007 so I wonder if you either have a fault or something else is inhibiting it??
In my manual, pins 10 and 11 are marked as PIDin+ and - which suggests to me that these are solely for closed loop control. Not something I?ve ever used.
I still have the test rig set up on the bench if we need to go further but I'd appreciate it if you can let me know when you are done and I can clear it away.
HTH
Bob
On Sunday, 17 February 2013 15:09:37 UTC, Bob Minchin wrote:

rk

Thank you, Bob.
The system is at a friend's place, some miles away, but I'll try to get the re tomorrow (Monday) pm.
If your P721 is reading the input anal. input, it does rather look like a p roblem.
Thanks again for your help........I'll be in touch.................Tom.
On Sunday, 17 February 2013 22:47:11 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

work

ms

l)

.
ve

here tomorrow (Monday) pm.

problem.

Bob, you are a star!
P007 did the trick, although there is no reference to analog control in the description. (in the manual I have?)
I 'phoned my friend who changed P007 to zero, and the system responds to th e variable pot.
Again, many many thanks...................Tom.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

P007 is related to the use of the digital inputs, not the analogue input. I agree the wording is poor but in my table of parameters it is mentioned in the context of using P051 range for control.
Anyway glad you have it sorted and I'll tidy up the bench now!
Cheers
Bob
On Monday, 18 February 2013 13:11:01 UTC, Bob Minchin wrote:

work

rms

nal)

le

es.

?ve

can

t there tomorrow (Monday) pm.

e a problem.

.
the description. (in the manual I have?)

o the variable pot.

UPDATE_UPDATE
MMV150 failed to work again!
All P values checked to no avail. Symptoms as before- no V control, unit ramping to max set frequency when st arted.
In some desperation I changed the analog input to the Din2 terminals, and s et P356 to 24, and made terminal 17 high.
System now operating normally with potentiometer control.
So it seems the second anal. input is useable.
It seems there may be an intermittent fault in the A1 system; I've got my f ingers (and everything else) crossed!
Tom.
On Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:50:35 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

3

ne work

Terms

be 0 to

ional)

ngle

imes.

er

sts

I?ve

her

I can

get there tomorrow (Monday) pm.

ike a problem.

om.

in the description. (in the manual I have?)

to the variable pot.

started.

set P356 to 24, and made terminal 17 high.

fingers (and everything else) crossed!

Edit............Din2 should read Ain2
Tom.
Please please snip any further extension to this thread!!!
thanks
--
Roland Craven
nr Exeter, Devon UK.