Identifying mystery keys?

I'm usually pretty good at matching my found keys to their locks - or throwing them away and giving up! But I recently moved, and found a set of keys that I -know- are important, and that I got recently, and I yet have no idea what they're for.

There are two different keys on the ring, of the same style blank, 1 5/8" long. They are stamped with a code on the back, in the form A999AA. The logo is a large, stylized letter "N" with a stylized cylinder lock in the center. I thought the lock might represent the letter O, i.e. "NO Lock Company" (New Orleans?) but, predictably, searching Google for "no locks" is not fruitful...

I've uploaded a close-up of the key logos at

If someone could take a look and let me know the manufacturer and, more importantly, the type of lock and where it tends to get used, I'd be much obliged.

Jay Levitt Boston, MA

Reply to
Jay Levitt

It's a National Cabinet Lock key.

Probably for a desk, or other small type of lock like that.

Sunsh> I'm usually pretty good at matching my found keys to their locks - or

Reply to
SunshineTeam.net

national lock keyblank. could fit anything from a desk or cabinet to a mail box.

g'day

Reply to
Key

Reply to
pickproof

The brand is National. They fit a cabinet, desk, or file cabinet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not a mail box. PO regs require 5 pin tumbler.

These are disc tumbler keys. This could be a cam lock, a desk or drawer lock, a freezer or refrigerator lock, a key actuated switch such as the kind on a garage door opener, L handle locks, T handle locks, electrical panel locks, etc.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf