'Global' locks

I have acquired a set of 30 euro cylinders on a restricted master suite, (they came from my sons work having been been replaced by a new suite). All are complete with two keys and six master keys. Seems a shame to dump them. I'm in the UK and even if I found a buyer it will be impossible to get replacement keys without written authorisation from the suite owner. First hurdle to overcome is to find the make of suite, all I have is 'Global' stamped on the keys & matching suite number 99EW549 stamped on keys & cylinders. Before I start phoning round my lock suppliers tomorrow I thought I would ask the wise ones here. Thanks.

Reply to
Scabbydug
[...]

regarding you being located in the UK, sounds to me like:

Global Locking Systems Ltd, Willenhall, West Midlands, UK

69 Morgan Close Willenhall West Midlands WV12 4LH United Kingdom Tel: (01902) 607080 Fax: (01902) 609969

(I can't judge on the suite number though: never touched an mks manufactured by Global yet, so i don't know anything about the numbering format they're using.)

HTH:

Stefan.

Reply to
Stephan Schmitt

Many thanks for that, very helpful.

Regards, Ron.

Reply to
Scabbydug

If your sons acquired them with the blessing of the employer, it should be possible if your employer is cooperative to get a letter transferring control of the suite to one of your sons. When you sell the suite, your son can on-transfer the suite to the buyer.

This would require coopertion of the manufacturer who may have policies against the physical transfer of a suite to different premises with a different owner.

Reply to
Peter

That would be the ideal but the reason for changing the locks was a change of ownership, the previous owners being 'no more'. I think I've identified the key blanks so copies wont be a problem as long as they are not required cut to code. Thanks for your response.

Reply to
Scabbydug