File Views in ACAD-2002

I recently moved from ACLT-02 to full ACAD-02.
The File Open or File Select windows (Windows Explorer interface, which is
set to Details) insist on defaulting to Thumbnail view, which is a waste of
space as far as I'm concerned, since I can identify my drawings by name.
How can I change the View setting and get it to stay that way? Is it a
system variable (that I haven't been able to locate) perhaps?
Thanks,
Joe
Reply to
Joe
Hi Joe
IIRC this was a "feature" I don't know if anyone has found a workaround for it
And you're right it's a PITA
Tim
Reply to
Tim
Dang!. Not the answer I was hoping for. :-( Sometimes I wonder if software companies deliberately do idiotic things just so they can entice you to spend more money on a "better" product down the road.
Thanks for replying Tim. Joe
Reply to
Joe
For anybody who may be interested, while researching on my own I came across this exchange back in 2002 about this problem.
Apparently it is an XP thing - feature/bug. Under W2k the File Open dialog box behaves as it should, while under W2k it defaults to "Large Icons" and will hold no other setting.
Joe
Reply to
Joe