File Views in ACAD-2002

I recently moved from ACLT-02 to full ACAD-02. The File Open or File Select windows (Windows Explorer interface, which is
set to Details) insist on defaulting to Thumbnail view, which is a waste of space as far as I'm concerned, since I can identify my drawings by name.
How can I change the View setting and get it to stay that way? Is it a system variable (that I haven't been able to locate) perhaps?
Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe
IIRC this was a "feature" I don't know if anyone has found a workaround for it
And you're right it's a PITA
Tim
Dang!. Not the answer I was hoping for. :-( Sometimes I wonder if software companies deliberately do idiotic things just so they can entice you to spend more money on a "better" product down the road.
Thanks for replying Tim. Joe

For anybody who may be interested, while researching on my own I came across this exchange back in 2002 about this problem. http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cad.autocad/browse_frm/thread/dc83114ec11574d7/3f22b1637f2b6efc?lnk=st&q=autocad+2002+file+open+icons&rnum=1&hl=en#3f22b1637f2b6efc
Apparently it is an XP thing - feature/bug. Under W2k the File Open dialog box behaves as it should, while under W2k it defaults to "Large Icons" and will hold no other setting.
Joe