File Views in ACAD-2002

I recently moved from ACLT-02 to full ACAD-02. The File Open or File Select windows (Windows Explorer interface, which is set to Details) insist on defaulting to Thumbnail view, which is a waste of space as far as I'm concerned, since I can identify my drawings by name.

How can I change the View setting and get it to stay that way? Is it a system variable (that I haven't been able to locate) perhaps?

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe

Hi Joe

IIRC this was a "feature" I don't know if anyone has found a workaround for it

And you're right it's a PITA

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Dang!. Not the answer I was hoping for. :-( Sometimes I wonder if software companies deliberately do idiotic things just so they can entice you to spend more money on a "better" product down the road.

Thanks for replying Tim. Joe

Reply to
Joe

For anybody who may be interested, while researching on my own I came across this exchange back in 2002 about this problem.

Apparently it is an XP thing - feature/bug. Under W2k the File Open dialog box behaves as it should, while under W2k it defaults to "Large Icons" and will hold no other setting.

Joe

Reply to
Joe