Open file- no thumbnail preview? acad 2002

For some reason when I search for a drawing in my acad folder in order to open, not all of the drawings have a thumbnail preview of the drawing. Why
would that be? I save all my file in the same format (acad 2000 drawing format).
Could be that they were saved with nothing showing in the drawing window (as in zoomed into a blank area), or the Save Preview option was turned off in PREFERENCES when the thumbnailless files were saved. ___

Why

(as
none of the above applies.
Then I don't have a clue. What happens if you open one of the "bad" ones, then resave it? ___

A drawing received from others will not display a preview either until it is saved with the previously mentioned parameters.

Not entirely true. If it was saved with thumbnails enabled, then the thumbnails will be visible. ___

is
OK (going to look for that one myself tomorrow) but I can create my own thumbnail as described below..... What I would really like when they send me their drawings is the ctb or pcp file to go with it ! Right now only about 2% of the files I receive have them. So lets remember to send them guys! (gals) lol
Brian

>Not entirely true. If it was saved with thumbnails enabled, then the

it