Open file- no thumbnail preview? acad 2002

For some reason when I search for a drawing in my acad folder in order to
open, not all of the drawings have a thumbnail preview of the drawing. Why
would that be? I save all my file in the same format (acad 2000 drawing
format).
Reply to
lbbss
Could be that they were saved with nothing showing in the drawing window (as in zoomed into a blank area), or the Save Preview option was turned off in PREFERENCES when the thumbnailless files were saved. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
none of the above applies.
Reply to
lbbs
Then I don't have a clue. What happens if you open one of the "bad" ones, then resave it? ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
A drawing received from others will not display a preview either until it is saved with the previously mentioned parameters.
Reply to
Brian Spillane
Not entirely true. If it was saved with thumbnails enabled, then the thumbnails will be visible. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
OK (going to look for that one myself tomorrow) but I can create my own thumbnail as described below..... What I would really like when they send me their drawings is the ctb or pcp file to go with it ! Right now only about 2% of the files I receive have them. So lets remember to send them guys! (gals) lol
Brian
Reply to
Brian Spillane