dot file

Hi,
is it possible to have the same choices window as the standard template provided with the initial install of solidworks. I mean, when you open the
drawing template a window pops to ask what sheet format is needed : a- portrait, a- landscape, b- landscape, ... I would like to change that to our company templates and move the different templates on the network instead of local machines. Am I clear? I would like to have 1 dot file that gives me a choice of formats.
Any clues?
thanks.
Dominic.
Tools>Options>File Locations>Document Templates
Add the location you want to show and remove the locations you don't want to show
Hi,
I guess I didn't explained myself properly because I was aware of that part. I am looking to change the "Standard sheet size" list when you "Add sheet". At the "Add sheet" command, the "Sheet properties" window pops, and it's the list in that window that I want to change.
Doable?
If not, I'll keep it as it is now with the differents folders.
Good Day.
Dominic.

Dominic, read this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=the+mystery+behind+Solidworks+sheet+formats
If I understand you corectly, this will solve your problem.
Muggs

The ".slddrt" are the Sheet format files. The ".dot" are the template files. You'll need to change the file location ( as noted by CS) and overwrite or create new temp_a, temp-b... files. You can save sheet format files from Menu File,Save Sheet Format... The template files (.dot) allow you to save specific settings such as units, text height, scale, and your the Sheet Format (for drawings). If you set your file location for the templates, any sub folders will appear when you click on the "new" icon or Menu, File New... You could have 1 folder Metric, another Inch. I have 2 folders for drawings, 1 standard drawings which includes a-d size and "z drw" which has drawing templates for our catalog drawings, dxf drawing with predefined layers and case drawings which have predefined views.
Hope this helps, Warren
Dominic Brunelle wrote:

-