alphabetized list enhancement

Here's a list from Tools, Options, File Locations (taken in order from the dialog):

Document Templates Referenced Documents Custom Property File Material Databases Color Swatches Textures Design Library Bend Tables Sheet Formats Line Style Definitions Dimension/Annotation Favorites Blocks BOM Templates Hole Table Templates Hole Callout Format File Revision Table Templates Weldment Cut List Templates Weldment Profiles Weldment Property File Macros Macro Feature Files Web Folders SolidWorks Journal File Design Journal Template

Notice anything about the list? One nice thing is that you always know what's new to the list in the current release, because it's on the bottom. But what if something has been removed. Then you have to read the whole damn list 3 times to find where they put Palette Forming Tools. To add insult to injury, you have to drop down and then scroll the list to read it all.

...or... they could just alphabetize the list. If anyone else would like to see lists like this alphabetized or otherwise de-randomized, please go to the SW subscription site and submit an enhancement.

Thanks,

Matt

Reply to
matt

Yes, I wish SW would do this in other areas as well.

I'll send an E/R.

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

I wonder how much this would affect non-English versions.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Hi!

(PL) Most of these lists are non-alphabeticaly. If in EN version I have toolbars list from A-Z than in PL ver. items stays on list in their orginal place. So SolidWorks Makers...you forgot Poland ;))

zygzag

Reply to
zygzag

Not sure how it affects other languages, but I know how it affects the English version. They couldn't be any worse off than they are now if the lists get scrambled again. Currently there is no good news for anyone. Might as well make someone happy.

matt

Dale Dunn wrote in news:Xns9594D881FCEF3daledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.150:

Reply to
matt