ACAD LT: program crashes upon saving after PURGE, ALL

ACAD LT: program crashes upon saving after PURGE, ALL
is there there anything that can remedy this ongoing frustration.
this occurs even when purging individual entities (ie: blocks).
PLEASE HELP!
thanks.
Since this isn't happening to probably 99.9% of LT users, it's a bit difficult to try to tell you why it would be happening in your particular case. Tell us more: what *version* of LT? System specs? Peripherals? Drivers? OS? Other software running?
Your question is like calling your doctor and saying "I don't feel good; what should I take?" ___

ACAD 2000 LT. PIII 933/ 255mb, no peripherals. win2k. no other apps running.
it happens with almost all the drawings. LT crashes when saving the drawing after PURGE, ALL. at that point the LT offers chance to save the drawing. when reopened after crash, it's possible to PURGE, ALL again and save the drawing again.
says...