Export/Import Acad LT 97 attributes

  1. I'm looking for a way to import acad lt 97 attributes programmatically to a database but haven't found a proper way to do it avoiding the user dialogs. (asking for the definition template name and output file name). Can these paths be put in system variables and skip the user dialogs or is there some other workaround? I've been using DDE for sending commands.

  1. The above was what I have been trying after failing to get an acadlt object in VB to direcly access the LT properties and methods. (type library fails). Can this even be done? I recently heard that LT 97 does not reveal it's objects and ?

  2. The best choice would be to directly read attribute values from the *.dwg files without ever launching the acad. Would somebody know a way to do this (sample code?) without purchasing any 3rd party apps?

Propably I haven't tried the best way yet as I obviously am not aware of it so I appreciate all help I can get;)

Thanks, Risto

Reply to
risto