Assembly size

Hi,

I'm working in a engineering company and we are using SolidWorks 2003 to design our prototypes. Currently we want to know the size of every prototype, which is composed of some assemblies, drawings and parts.

Is that possible to get a final aproximate number of MegaBytes ?

Thanks in advance.

Jofre.

Reply to
Jofre Algué :D

Hello Jose- Existing assemblies, drawings, and parts? Then, using Windows Explorer, just view the file sizes. If they're all in the same folder, which they should be, then it's even easier. New assemblies, drawings, and parts?; best guess is my answer. Experience will help you here. May I ask?,Why do you need to know? Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

I'm working in a engineering company and we are using SolidWorks 2003 to design our prototypes. Currently we want to know the size of every prototype, which is composed of some assemblies, drawings and parts.

Is that possible to get a final aproximate number of MegaBytes ?

Thanks in advance.

Jofre.

Reply to
Devon T. Sowell

I don't know if there is a better way but if you open an existing assembly and in the file menu select "Sent To" it will give you all the associated file names and total size in bytes. This may be adequate depending on how you want to use this info. You can select the Bytes of just the assembly file or the Assembly file and all attached components.

Regards Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Keep in mind that you may not be sending that full amount if you can Zip it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks to all.