Dynamic on-screen movement of hinged assembly

Hi
Im trying to figure out if its possible to move hinged assemblies on-
screen by selecting & dragging the moving part of the assembly. I
currently assemble the hinge with the standard commands, ie, Insert
both axis together, Align the central planes & finally Mate Angle to
define the open/closed position of the hinge. Then if I want to open/
close the assembly - I go into & redefine the above angle & then
regenerate. Im sure there is a more slick way to do this - searched
everywhere for instructions but cannot find it anywhere. Ive played
around with the Pin Constraint but could not get it working.
Is this possible??
I do not have the Mechanism Application add-on.
Im running WF4.0.
Id appreciate any advice on this
Thanks i advance
Mark
Reply to
Markr
I don't think you need an add on. You can redefine the references from 'place manually' to 'mechanism' and you will be able to set limits on the angles. It'a certainly a slicker way rather than regenerating.
Reply to
eclipse
Hi Im trying to figure out if its possible to move hinged assemblies on- screen by selecting & dragging the moving part of the assembly. I currently assemble the hinge with the standard commands, ie, Insert both axis together, Align the central planes & finally Mate Angle to define the open/closed position of the hinge. Then if I want to open/ close the assembly - I go into & redefine the above angle & then regenerate. Im sure there is a more slick way to do this - searched everywhere for instructions but cannot find it anywhere. Ive played around with the Pin Constraint but could not get it working. Is this possible?? I do not have the Mechanism Application add-on. Im running WF4.0. Id appreciate any advice on this Thanks i advance Mark Mechanism is the formalized approximation of the "packaged" component. So, if you take your assembly, eliminate "Mate Angle" constraint and accept, you'll have your packaged component. From there, you should be able to select the "hand" icon, and click drag your component to any rotational position, no Mechanisms required.
David Janes
Reply to
Janes
snipped-for-privacy@j19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com...
, if you take your assembly, eliminate "Mate Angle" constraint and accept, = you'll have your packaged component. From there, you should be able to sele= ct the "hand" icon, and click drag your component to any rotational positio= n, no Mechanisms required.
Thanks guys....Ive played around with your suggestions and have got some hinged assemblies working, - thanks for your help. Mark
Reply to
Markr

Site Timeline