Mate/Align Angle

Sometimes in WF2 in the window "Component Placement" in section "Place" I can use "Mate Angle" and "Align Angle". Is it possible to choice this option whenever I want?

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

I ~believe~ it's only available after you have a rotation axis defined by (for instance?) aligning axes.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

I used Align Coincident (axe to axe). It still doesn't work. Whatever. I have two assy with this same part. On the firts I have a Mate Angle (I didn't use align by axe, I used only insert) but in the second it is not possible. I have no idea how it is work.

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

Don't know without actually seeing something. The only other thing that comes to mind is making sure Allow Assumptions (or whatever it's called) isn't prohibiting it (groping for an idea).

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Ok, I get it. As a second reference I chose a PLANE instead of flat surface of the part. So maybe one of the reference should be a plane for Mate/Align Angle option?

Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall

Actually, yes, I think it is! At times, I've thought it was kind of random and willful on Pro/e's part that it would just "give" me an Align Angle or Mate Angle. Here's what I've found that works reasonably well: a.. If you want two 'front' datums or surfaces parallel to those datums to align at an angle, then first align normal planes or surfaces, like 'top' datums or surfaces approximating those datums b.. Move the one part around so that it is at approximately the angle required (Ctrl-Alt-MMB drag) c.. Next, pick the surfaces or datums in the front orientation that you wish to use to set the angle: Align or Mate Angle ought to be automatically selected d.. Then pick something in the region of the side datums (edge on surface or edge to edge or axis to axis or axis to edge) will fully constrain the components. Couldn't find a way to get axis/axis or edge/edge constraints to offset. When this is the last constraint, it seems to me that offset ought, geometrically, to be possible. David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Add this to your config.pro

comp_angle_offset_eps .5

Will add mate angle

Reply to
Brooke

comp_angle_offset_eps .5

Will add mate angle __________________

Looks interesting! Thought there might be something in config.pro! But this looks like it adds some kind of offset capability, too. Is this the thing I was asking about, an offset between two edges/axes? Be nice if it was.

David Janes

[...]

When I use this option shoud I see something new in Component Placement window? I ask because I did it and nothing chnged IMO.

Regards Ziomall

Reply to
Ziomall