WF version

I'm trying to find out what version of ProE WF we are running here. The date code says M260, Does anyone know what version that would be? and
How how many version behind from the latest version would that put us? I haven't had much success at the PTC website.
Thanks
Help > Technical Support Info

Help>About Pro/Engineer starts a pop-up window showing release/build/service contract number and copyright info Methinks this is not a legit question beacuse how would you find the datecode without seeing the above info.

-
My bad! I guess what i meant is "How can i find what the latest RELEASE of WF is out?" and How many RELEASES might we be behind? How does the date code define that? Sorry again.
Stu wrote:

Uh, huh. http://www.ptc.com/cgi/support/apps/sft_upd_dsp/sft_upd_dsp.pl ;^)
Thank You Mr. Howard. This was very helpful.
Jeff Howard wrote:

Huh, again! Are any of these dates to be believed!?! Or is the numbering not sequential but by lottery. M030, 4/06 "followed by" M040, 7/04, almost two years earlier??? Were these all production releases? Seems to get on an even keel by M100, though. And what is the F000_ business. The dates on the Wildfire releases were no more rational or enlightening. I know they come from PTC's website but are they actually correct? I keep hoping that, one of these days, someone will save me from PTC's deliberate confusion and obfuscation.
Wildfire 2.0 F000 16-MAY-06 M010 28-DEC-04 M020 22-JUN-04 M030 05-APR-06 M040 12-AUG-04 M050 14-SEP-04 M060 11-OCT-04 M100 02-MAR-05 M130 08-JUN-05 M140 21-JUL-05 M150 17-AUG-05 M171 17-NOV-05 M180 11-JAN-06 M190 22-FEB-06 M200 05-APR-06 M210 30-MAY-06 M220 25-JUL-06
David Janes

web search for "Wildfire 2.0" && m030 turned up http://www.ptc.com/products/proe/wildfire3/m030/faq.htm

Yeah, I just love PTC's online search utility: search for WF2 and come with WF3 ~ typical, and oh, so useful, too!! Yup, confusion and obfuscation aplenty! No shortage there at PTC on these commodities. It's stock would skyrocket, were these in great demand. As always, YOUR fortune would increase if you knew, personally (their cell numbers on your cell) 3 PLMs and a couple VPs so that you could realistically expect to learn one true fact out of the mouths of PTC. (Oh, BTW, it's NOT in their press releases.) And, naturally, the actual article doesn't say WF2 but WF3 (check the link) ~ obfuscation and confusion complete. We expect no less from PTC. Amazing how little they disappoint.
David Janes

Well, so it does. Guess if t'wuz something that really bothered me I'd be on the phone. They might even appreciate your pointing out the error. ';^)

Yuk, yuk.... sure they would. And I'm sure they'd have a story ready and, in the end, say it was "intended functionality" or present some incomprehensible, more confusing "conversion factor", WF2 to WF3, or some such nonsense. In fact, I'd probably find it mildly, ironically amusing... if I didn't feel like.... sigh
David Janes
I sure do appreciate this discussion. It has, at the least given me a place to start. Since I am new to ProE I'm trying to familiarize myself with it. Since I started here use of ProE has been limited, strictly Sheet metal. No one seems to recall where the CD's, manuals and/or upgrades and patches exist. I come from a Solidworks and Inventor background, so I'm trying to use feature that I think should come with ProE to bring us up to the present. For example features like simple animations, rendering, analysis, etc. So again thanks everyone!
David Janes wrote:

M260 would have to be Wildfire 1. M220 of Wildfire 2 was released in August. M230 of Wildfire 2 will be released in early October. M030 of Wildfire 3 was released in August.
--
Ben Loosli