Navigation window in Wildfire

I am sure that this question has been asked before.
Does anybody know of a config option to have the navigation window minimised
as default?
Thanks in advance,
Andy

minimised
Tools / Customize Screen ... On the Browser tab, clear "Expand Browser by default...."
Jeff,
Thanks for that, but we have tried that and all it does is stop the browser deploying, not the navigation bars.
Cheers,
Andy

What I had to do was map a key and record the clicks that minimize it. So now all I do is press f1 and it minimizes it. I asked this question before check back in the threads no one could find an answer.
You might be able to take this one step further. I remember seeing something in the PTC Knowledge Base about customizing Pro/E at startup for things that no config option exists. I just did some searching and found the following:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Using Trail Files to Customize the Pro/ENGINEER Environment Upon Startup
Description ----------------- This TPI will explain how to use trail files to customize Pro/ENGINEER upon startup. Often times there are settings the user would like to make permanent but no config.pro option exists for setting a default. For instance, it is desired to have the option for "Change color of prohibited" in the Reference Control dialog box to be checked on by default.
Resolution ----------------- Open a System shell window and start Pro/ENGINEER from a new directory. Once Pro/ENGINEER is started a trail file called trail.txt.1 will get written to the directory. In this example, create a part, and select #Utilities, #Reference Control, Selection Feedback Settings, and "Change color of prohibited". Exit the dialog box by selecting #OK and then select #Window, #Close Window. Select #File, #Erase, #Not Displayed to erase all models from session. Select #File and #Exit to exit from Pro/ENGINEER.
Edit trail.txt.1 to remove the commands which recorded the exit from Pro/ENGINEER. The commands to delete will be the following: ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1` \ 1 `File` ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1` ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `File.psh_exit` ! Message Dialog: Question ! : Do you really want to exit? ~ Activate `UI Message Dialog` `yes`
Save the trail.txt.1 and rename it to some name like startup.txt. Move startup.txt to the <loadpoint>/bin directory. <Loadpoint> refers to where Pro/ENGINEER is installed.
Pro/ENGINEER will then play the commands in the trail file everytime upon startup.
You might be able to start Pro/E, run your mapkey and then follow the above
steps to execute that trail file every time Pro/E starts. I haven't tried

Thanks, Ron. That might be worth looking into. Thought had occured, but hadn't taken the time to investigate and you've saved a step. 8~)

Maybe I missed something. Is'nt it one click to minimize the navigation window? So, is it that much faster hitting the f1 button than it would be to just click the window closed? Just what step is it that you are saving?

That was my thought about F1 vs click to close, too, but whatever.... I was thinking about various and sundry other things that I'd like to have done when launching. The step saved was finding the article.
yeah I know I also stuck a few more to it. f1 closes it, set my views, names my views and then it maximizes the proe window