ASSEMBLY CUT SHOWN IN PARTS

I was sure you could make an assembly cut "show" in the parts that were intersected. Now, trying it in WF4, I'm not having any luck. Feature shows
up at top level but doesn't make it to component level (where I actually need it). I'm sure this was possible before but I haven't done in years and now I'm just poking around.
So, I'm thinking, hey, it's a new interface, select, RMB and you get a bunch of choices. So, I pick a component, RMB and nothing. NO CHOICES! Somehow, I get the brilliant idea to uncheck the 'Automatic Update' box. Now, selecting and RMBing a component gets me some relevant choices, like TOP LEVEL, PART, REMOVE. And, when I go through all the components and select PART, they now regenerate to show the assembly cut.
David Janes
P.S. there's some boxes below that may have some effect, as well.