Assembly cut dimensions?

Hello

I have created a cut in assembly mode that intersects two parts within an assembly, this cut is shown in the individual parts also.

I cant get the dimensions to show in the parts when I create a part drawing. I end up putting the dimensions in manually!

Hope this makes sense?

Geoff

Reply to
JimiH

Because those cuts are not part features, but assembly features, you cannot "show" their dimensions in a part drawing. Nor can you modify the dimensions in the part. Those are only available in the assembly. Don't know of a "associate to part" button yet, so I'm afraid you'll have to continue to put them in manually. Or use the intersected cut to figure out where a part feature should go then create the cut in the part. A lot of work to go through to get "shown" dimensions.

Reply to
David Janes

You can always active the part and make a cut, that cut will not be on both parts. In assembly make a sketch. Then active one part and make the cut then active the other part and make the same cut. Just an Idea.

Reply to
billetrc

No, you're right, this is actually THE WAY TO DO IT!!! While you're in the assembly, select the part, RMB 'Activate'. Then you're working on the actual PART features. And even if you use assembly stuff for references, you can redefine the feature to substitute local part references. Yeah, this is very cool stuff.

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks guys, sorted!

Reply to