Find dimension???

Hello

How do you find a dimension in a drawing?

Example

I have a threaded hole with hole depth and thread depth, these dimensions are contained in a note (see below)

{0:2 HOLES TAP DRILL }{1:&d46}{2: DEEP} {3:& TAP M}{4:@D}{5: x 0.7 - 6H} {6:&d39}{7: DEEP MIN FULL THREAD} {8:ON A }{9:n}{10:&PITCH[.1]}{11: PCD}

Now the d39 dimension is showing a tolerance of +/- 0.2 but I want it to be NOM because its a MIN dimension.

The only way I have found to change this is to show all the dimensions of the hole on the drawing, change the TOL to NOM then delete all the dimensions that are contained in the note.

Must be an easier way & I'm sure there is.

Thanks

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks David

The problem is nearly all of the dimensions that appear are +/-0.1 dimensions as with all the drawings I do. I think the way I'm doing it now is quicker then setting all other dimensions. I found "show dimension" in part mode but when the dimension is shown you cant access the properties it only lets you change the value.

In an ideal world you could enter your chosen dimension then the properties window opens so you could change the value or the tol. I cant believe this is not contained somewhere?

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

: The problem is nearly all of the dimensions that appear are +/-0.1 : dimensions as with all the drawings I do.

So, Geoff, you went into config.pro and set TOL_MODE (tolerance mode) to NOMINAL? Then, you went into your drawing and it was still showing tolerances on newly placed dimensions? on any dimensions?

DJ

Reply to
David Janes

No you misunderstand David, I'm just pointing out that it is quicker the way I'm doing now.

Show the dimensions of the hole, change the tolerance, delete the dimension. Rather than change the config.pro then have to select which dimensions are toleranced.

Thanks

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

As an interesting side note - p-Shell API can do this basically as follows:

set dimObj [ps_dim from_ids 39] dimObj configure -bound NOMINAL

Done!

A couple of more lines of code, and you can loop through every dimension in the model, verifiy if it is on a drawing and modify accordingly. Learn more at:

Cheers!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Bigelow