sorting through assembly dimensions

I set up a distance mate in my assembly and want to edit it in different configurations so that I can control the parts position. When I display my annotations I get a giant glob of annotations and it's next to impossible to sort through it and find the dim you want. There must be an easier way of doing this. Can I not have my annotations off and edit the dist. mate to vary from config to config?

tia d

Reply to
Devlin

Do not display your annotations. Instead, simply double click on the mate in the feature manager and only the dimension for this mate will be shown. You can then double click on it to change it. If you click anywhere else first, the dimension will disappear and you will have to double click the mate again to get it to reappear.

You can use this method for most anything: mates, features, sketches, cosmetic threads, etc.

Seth

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I believe the dimensions Devlin saw where not mate dimensions, but in fact dimensions placed with the dimension command. I don't see a need for placing these dimensions. I know you can "Mark for Drawing", but whenever I do that and "Insert Model Items" in drawing I just get a mess. Has anyone else figured out the best approach to take with this or do you simply not place dimensions in assembly mode?

SR

Reply to
SR

Learn something new everyday. thanks seth.

Reply to
Devlin