Assembly annotations

Hi guys

Is it possible to show annotions in a main assembly (info text with leaders) without showing annotations from the subassemblies. I try to hide the annotations from a subassembly but it turn off the annotations also in the main assy. Note! This is in assembly mode....not drawing.

SW2004 Sp3

Reply to
Krister L

In the design tree RMB on Annotations you will see the filter list. This affects what is shown in the current document. If you expand the components of the assmebly you can adjust their individual Annotation filters there.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Hi Corey

This is exactly what I am trying to do. If I put in an annotation in the main assembley it will show up....but also an old annotation from a subassembly, which I don't wish to show. If I pick the annotation from the sub assy in the design tree and hide it.....also the annotation from the main assy will be hidden. Seem like I can't select just one of them to be shown or hidden even thought they are from different levels.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

Expand the sub-assembly Under the sub-assembly you will see a folder called annotations Right click on it There are 3 options

Display Annotations Show Feature Dimensions Show Reference Dimensions

Try cycling these on and off.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I never thought to try that. It pays to listen in on other people's conversations. Now if only the annotations from the subs could all be controlled by one setting in the current assembly...

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Yepp.....once againg that is exactly what I'm doing....expanding sub assy...right click annotations....uncheck "display annotations".....and it works.....it turns off the annotation ...but also one level up....turns off annotation in the main assy toooooo There are no dimensions shown ...just some info text with leaders.

Krister L

"Corey Scheich" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

Which version and sp are you on? ...this really doesn't work as expected....if I turn off annotation display from the FM design tree in a sub assy as earlier described......I also turn off annotations from all other sub assys and the main assy....which I don't wish to do

Krister L

"Corey Scheich" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

temporarily

Reply to
Krister L

Krister do you have annotations in the main assembly. If there is nothing to display then.....

This works as I expect it to. This option controls which annotations are shown at all levels for the selected component. If you want to temporarily turn off the dimensions you have View>All Annotations. When in an assembly you can control which components reveal their annotations, while View>All Annotations is on, by the previously described method. If this doesn't clear it up I don't know if SW is able to do what you wish.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich
2004 SP3.0

I can't reproduce your problem though. There is an option under details for the annotations that says use assembly settings for all components if this is checked on your main assy it will override any sub assembly settings............. After playing with this setting I am seeing some funny behavior. Turn it off and reopen your assembly maybe that will fix your problem. With this option off it seems to work better anyway.

Corey Scheich

annotations".....and

up....turns

message

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Okay Corey...

I played with those settings earlier.....but it made no differense....the assy is quite big and it takes some time to save, close and reopen ....but I might give it a new try.... Thanks for taking your time ....I gotta leaern something new every day :-)

Krister L

"Corey Scheich" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Krister L

Now.....after a good night sleep and reeboting I finally got it working.....as you say the setting "use assembly setting for all components" overrides the subs....I unchecked it again in main assy and now it works. I did this several times yesterday ....but there was no difference. But could be it's quite a big assy with a lot of incontext and it's a bit slow to work in.

Krister L

Reply to
Krister L

It seems to me there is a bug that once you turn that on and mess with the component settings something goes haywire requiring a reboot or at minimum a reload. (don't worry you aren't going crazy) A little frustrating I'm sure.

Corey

annotations

message

Reply to