disappearing views revisited

I just did a Google search and found some discussion of disappearing section
views. The work-around mentioned was to open the model and re-build each
configuration , save the model and go back to the drawing.
Unfortunately, this is not working for me. I was just dimensioning in the
view and adding some reference points at intersection points. Whammo- view
went away along with a detail view from it. Any ideas?
SW2004, sp3 ; Win2000, sp4 ; Athlon 3400+ ,2gb.
It's a pretty large assembly , but I am not in large assembly mode.
Thanks,
jk
Reply to
jk