How to include parts of main-assembly in drawings of sub-assembly?

Hiya all,

What I'm trying to do is to create a drawing of a sub-assembly, with BOM included and all. But here's where it differs, I want to include certain components from the main assembly into the drawing too, although they won't be shown in the BOM, they're "inactive" so to say.

This main reason is to show where the sub-assembly is located in relation to the whole machine. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance. Cheers, Xaler

Reply to
Xaler

The easiest way I can think of is to bring those few "main" components into your sub and mark them to exclude from the BOM.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

BOM's are attached to views. Create a view that has only your subasm, and attach your BOM to that. You can hide that view if you like.

If the extra parts are in your subassembly file, you may need to create a configuration that suppresses the extra parts.

Reply to
That70sTick