Different views of same assembly with different sub parts showing?

Hi,
I am trying to make an A3 drawing of an assembly showing different
sides of the assembly. And also showing different parts in the
assembly.
As soon as I import another view with different parts showing the
other view changes so that the same parts as the new view are also
visible in the old view. How can I make the parts defined in the old
view stay in the drawing and aslo get the new view with other parts
visible?
SW2003 user.
Best regards
Pål Eilertsen
Reply to
P?l
I do the same thing all the time in my assemblies. What I do is set up Assembly Configurations showing the parts I need for a given view. It might sound like a lot of work, but for me it seems to go pretty quick.
Richard
Reply to
Richard Charney
It sounds like you are making changes to the model for different views. But this will affect all views that reference that model. You need to make more than one config of the assy with certain parts suppressed or hidden, and then point each of the views to a particular config.
WT
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
I believe you can hide components and assemblies via the properties of that view in 2004.
Keith
Reply to
Keith Streich
Yes, this is another option too. I've used this method if I just want to turn off a couple of parts in a select view.
Richard
Reply to
Richard Charney
You can do this one of two ways. Either with configurations for each of the views with those parts hidden and NOT suppressed for each of the different configurations. Or you can hide those parts in each of the views that you dont want shown.
One thing to watch for if you create different configurations. Balloons in one view may not match in the other views. There are a couple of things you can do to fix this problem as well but that depends on which BOM style you are using. For the new SW 2004 BOM and the excell based one, you have to pick the view that the BOM is linked to and LOCK VIEW FOCUS before you balloon the other views. The other option if you are using the excel based BOM is to create separate BOM's for each covfigured view and HIDE all but one of the BOM's. This keeps the balloons matched thru all of the views. A real stupid PITFA that SW doesn't seem to care about fixing it. They've tried with the new BOM but that will only work if you only use a TOP LEVEL BOM and don't need to list items in a sub assembly.
Good luck P?l wrote:
Hi,
Thanks you guys! I am somewhat of a beginner to SW and cannot say that I am all familiar with assembly configurations. I am trying to automate the process in VB.Net. Thanks again.
Best regards Pål Eilertsen
Reply to
P?l