Part/Assembly tangent edge display is resetting after...

Here's a new one:

Just upgraded to 2007 sp2.0 from 2006 sp4.0. Part/Assembly tangent edge display is resetting after opening/editing a drawing. I set the tangent edge display to "removed" and it keeps switching to "as Visible" after being in a drawing. Another crazy thing is that the lines shown are show "as Phantom". Tried this with existing and new parts same result.

Can someone else try this:

-Open System Options

-Select Display/Selection

-Set tangent edge was changed to "Removed"

-Create a new part (a cylinder)

-Ssave

-Make new drawing

-drag views into drawing

-Open System Options

-Select Display/Selection

-is tangent edge changed to "as Visible"?

Thanks, DT

Reply to
DT

Yes, good catch. I see that too.

You've reported this somewhere other than the newsgroup, right?

By the way, how can you stand working with tangent edges removed? That drives me nuts! I work with phantom tangent edges.

Reply to
matt

Yes, I reported it to our VAR.

I usually have the phantom tangent edges turned on but I'm working with some Bosch Aluminum framing (very cool stuff, engineers erector set,

with losts of radii and all the lines were drive me crazy!

Reply to
DT

Not on mine SW2007 SP2.0. I just tried it and it's still on Removed. I've never noticed that one turning itself on.

I did figure out a clue though in that it appears to be a function of the setting for Tools/Options/Drawings/Display Style in that I have mine set to Tangent edges in new views Removed. If I change that setting to Visible or Use font, I see what you are seeing.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

It looks like the problem has to do with the new "View Palette" when creating a new drawing. If I create a part then go, file new, drawing nothing gets changed.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

DT