Silhouette edge display

Is there a way to add more contrast to the silhouette edge display. There is little difference between on and off. When I look straight on at a view, the holes wash out, regardless of the silhouette edge display setting.

Pro/E Wildfire

Todd

Reply to
Jimbob

: "Jimbob" wrote : Is there a way to add more contrast to the silhouette edge display. : There is little difference between on and off. When I look straight : on at a view, the holes wash out, regardless of the silhouette edge : display setting. : : Pro/E Wildfire : Just so we are not talking apples and oranges, I'd like to be clear on one thing: a silhouette 'edge' (since there is no actual break, edge or even tangent patch break) is the profile of a part, the silhouette it casts with a light behind it, so that a spherical part appears to be a circle, no matter that its orientation is not showing tangent edges. Even surfaces show silhouettes when shaded, so silhouettes are mostly for every other display mode than shaded. If you had meant tangent edges (a term that often confused with silhouettes), you'd set the config.pro option DISPLAY_TANGENT_EDGES to Yes.

Other than this, it could be a question of edge line quality. So, pick 'View>Model Display>Display Settings'. Then pick Edge Display and experiment with setting it to Low through Very High. Likewise, on the Shade page, you can experiment with the settings from the default 3 through 10 (highest) and see if any of these effect your display.

Frankly, the higher edge display qualities adversely effect my display (poor screen, cheap card? who knows). But, as with most things in Pro/e, the settings are probably counterintuitive (21st Century gibberish for bass ackwards). There's another thing that could address this concern, SHOW_SHADED_EDGES set to Yes, but this is a long shot and probably not worth much. In any case, it gives a Solidworks-like outline to the part.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

The following was what I was after:

"...SHOW_SHADED_EDGES set to Yes, but this is a long shot and probably not worth much. In any case, it gives a Solidworks-like outline to the part."

Thank you.

Todd

Reply to
T Bennett