Hidden Line Colors

I don't seem to find, either in Solidworks help or the Archives:
How do I change the color of hidden lines as viewed when modeling with
"Hidden Lines Visible" ? Mine are too faint to be useful. Video:
Quadro FX Go1000 (laptop).
Second, as an aside, using "Hidden Lines Visible" does not show many
tangent lines that are otherwise only seen in "Wireframe" or "Shaded
with Edges". If someone knows how to improve this, that'd be great.
To help, I uploaded screen captures here:

Cheers,
Ralph E. Burns

Ralph E Burns, www.ascent-design.com
"Ralph E Burns,
" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...
I don't know. I usually run with "Apply same color to wireframe, HLR and shaded" checked under Tools/Options/Document Properties/Colors and don't have a problem with it except when my part is yellow. In that same screen you can choose to make your Wireframe/HLR color different by not checking that box.
In Tools/Options/System Options under Display/Selection you need to check "As phantom" for "Part/Assembly tangent edge display".
Jerry Steiger
Thanks on Q#2, that was exactly what I wanted.
Q#1 - Jerry, it seems that the Options/Document Properties/Colors/... "Apply same color to wireframe" is only available in part mode, and besides that, makes the contrast lower. Perhaps I get a different visual than you as I am on a LCD screen. ??? Dunno. I'd still like to up the contrast of those hidden lines in part and assembly modes.
Cheers,
Ralph E. Burns
Reply to
Ralph E Burns, www.ascent-design.com
"Ralph E Burns,
" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...
Right, you apply it to each part. It carries through to the assembly, though.
and
I was thinking that the hidden lines are always lower contrast than the visible lines, but they are actually gray, no matter what color the visible lines are. (I hardly ever use hidden line or wireframe views.)
I think we see pretty much the same thing, I just don't use hidden lines much and don't worry much about their contrast. Sorry I can't come up with a fix for you. Maybe you need to make an enhancement request.
Jerry Steiger

Site Timeline