show hidden line of component in HLR mode

What is the easiest way to select a lot of components to show their hidden lines in a drawing view that is set to HLR? The only way I know
to do it is to rmb the view, properties, select tab for show hidden lines and then start browsing the feature in search of the componets whos hidden lines I want to show. This is pretty tedious and I also noticed that the user is restriced to selecting only parts or features, the user cannot select assemblies this way.
Anybody know a better way?
Thanks, Sam