Dual Core CPU

I was suprised today.

I've read the parasolid modeling engine is multi-threaded which means it supports multiple processors or in my case a dual-core processor. Normally my task manager is running at 50% because most of what Solidworks does is linear and not multi-threaded. In the model I'm working on I'm modifying it by using the delete face and move face functions in Solidworks. These functions must be multi-threaded in parasolid because both CPU's were running at 100%.

I am running an Athlon 64 X2 Dual core Processor 4600+ @ 2.41 GHZ.

Reply to
Roland

In past testing while watching perfmon during a lengthy rebuild I saw

100% for short stints. In the end though it amounted to just a few percent improvement.
Reply to
TOP

We are running a Pentium D 2.8 with 2 gig ram. We have seen a massive improvement in rendering speed. I have quantified it as I didnt benchmark the prior machine ( a 2.4 AMD XP w/1 gig ) but an informal comparison of the two both in solid development as well as rendering yields a big perceived speed increase. This is also due to a bus speed increase as well as going to a 16M cache SATA 150 drive with an onboard controller versus running a WD

8m cache SATA drive off a PCI controller card.

Reply to
IDAssociates LLC

Rendering as in PhotoWorks or Drawings are the two areas that will benefit. Ordinary modeling won't. Also, Cosmos will be helped.

Reply to
TOP