can't get hidden edges to show in view

I have a potted (molded) hall sensor p.c. board assembly in the end of a motor stator. Today I pulled that drawing up to do some changes (last time I touched this drawing was using SW2003). In my front view I had the p.c. board hidden edges shown so the people putting this thing together know how to orient the board durring mfg. (in view properties I had went to the "show hidded edges" tab and selected my board from the tree and it showed nicely. So as I said, I opened it today to do some changes in SW2004 and my p.c. board hidden lines are gone! I went into the Show Hidden Edges tab and it's there, but the fricken lines do not show up. I pulled another drawing up to test this and sure enough, this is broken. DAMN IT! I can't think of any option setting that would make this not work. This version of SW hands me my ass on a daily basis I tell you! Oh yeah, and the head height on slotted pan head screws generated by Toolbox are wrong too. Machinery's handbook says the head is to be .053 max. Toolbox makes them .065.

Reply to
Lon Flickinger

I tested it here with a drawing saved in 2003 (Sp4) with some parts shown with hidden edges as You describe it and they show up fine in 2004 (Sp1)

Krister L

Lon Flickinger skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com ...

Reply to
Krister L

humm seems to work fine for me... But then again I did it on a new assembly. Is this just on 2003 files that got converted? 2003 files that previously had items listed under "show hidden edges" tab?

Sometimes if you cut & paste the view to a new drawing SW will fix the error. This has been a workaround for us on a couple items.

Steve Tietz

Reply to
Steve Tietz

Reply to