Making keyway on shaft

Is there an easier way to make a keyway on a shaft? currently I am creating a plane on the surface on the shaft that is parallel to a std plane(top) creating my sketch on the newly created plane and cutting "X" distance. Is there an easier way to this? I make a lot of shafts with keyways, looking for some time savers.

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

Maybe not a whole lot faster, but I put in the sketch plane at the position of the bottom of the keyway and is dimensioned off the far side of the shaft. That way the plane's definition includes the keyway depth dimension from the book.

You can also use the feature palette machined slot for an obround slot sketch. Drop it in and change the dimensions.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You could make a Library Feature of the keyway and then in future models, you can insert the keyway as required.

Reply to
Ray Reynolds