Wire Mesh Pads (Where to Find?)

Anyone know where to get either wire mesh or curly wire mesh pads like those
featured in the last issue of ER to use in an ejection baffle? All I can
find are steel wool, which, of course, won't do the trick.
Reply to
Bill Wehner
Look under Mesh. He has TONS of this stuff.
-Tim Summers
Reply to
Tim Summers
Wally World or Grocery store
-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

J.A. Michel
You can get stainless steel mesh scrubbers at any sporting goods store (REI, Big 5.) Occasionally I see them at various grocery stores also.
Mark E. Hamilton
Reply to
Mark Hamilton
Commonwealth Displays
]
(left frame, blue area) "Recovery" -> (scroll down to "Mesh")
Stainless Steel Mesh for Baffels CDISSMESH $1.00 Large Stainless Steel Mesh for Baffels CDISSMESHBIG 1.50
actually you can just but a stainless steel or copper "scrubbie" at your local 99 cent or housewares store
- iz
Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed
How about your local Lowes, Home Depot, etc? Either Screen door material or dry wall patch should work.
Brian
Anyone know where to get either wire mesh or curly wire mesh pads like those
Reply to
Brian Kosko
Amway has had a stainless steel mesh pad for sale for at least a decade called, "Scrub Bud". I have been using one (and only one) for about 4 years to clean my launch rods after use. I also put a couple of drops of oil on it to keep the rust away. Works very well.
Karl Perry QUARK, Cincinnati, OH
Reply to
KG8GC
Maybe I'm nit pickin, but if its' true stainless steel, it shouldn't rust. That's if I understood you right.
Tony (used to be in steel) Gaither
Reply to
Tony Gaither
No they don't. The mesh is too fine for baffle use, and will burn. Which will burn your rocket.
Use ONLY coarse stainless steel wool designed for scrubbing pots. It can be found in the grocery store, usually in the aisle with mops and other cleaning supplies (as opposed to the soap aisle where things like Brillo pads are usually stocked).
The ones I got many years ago were from a commercial kitchen supply place. Much larger than the pads sold inthe grocery stores. I bought a case of a dozen for household use back 20+ years ago, and am still using them. I even have some left that haven't been opened. If I can find them again.
Bob Kaplow
-Fred Shecter NAR 20117
-- """Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
writes: > > How about your local Lowes, Home Depot, etc? Either Screen door material or > > dry wall patch should work. > > No they don't. The mesh is too fine for baffle use, and will burn. Which > will burn your rocket. > > Use ONLY coarse stainless steel wool designed for scrubbing pots. It can be > found in the grocery store, usually in the aisle with mops and other > cleaning supplies (as opposed to the soap aisle where things like Brillo > pads are usually stocked). > > The ones I got many years ago were from a commercial kitchen supply place. > Much larger than the pads sold inthe grocery stores. I bought a case of a > dozen for household use back 20+ years ago, and am still using them. I even > have some left that haven't been opened. If I can find them again. > > Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD" > >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! > Save Model Rocketry from the HSA!
Fred Shecter
I just got back into rockets after a ten year break...
The other day I was walking through my local 99cent Only store and saw the pot scrubbers... Aerotech baffles was the first thing I thought of! There were several to a pack!
Jerome Kentz
Reply to
Jerome Kentz
That's where they get them.
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
you'll find those 99 cent pot scrubbers tend to disintergrate when in contact with ejection residue
I have moved to labrynith baffles so I cannot comment about quality scrubbers